NOTE: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Manages ongoing programs and special projects to meet ANA’s membership growth and revenue goals.
Manages ANA’s new member acquisition multi-channel marketing program, which produces at least $2 million in annual dues revenue and is the primary contributor to net membership growth. Participates in ANA’s member engagement and retention programs, which contribute at least $16 million in dues revenue.
Manages special projects that further ANA membership growth objectives. Coordinates with key stakeholders across the Enterprise to ensure buy-in and accurate project execution of complex, long-term, cross-functional projects.
Baccalaureate degree required, preferably in marketing, advertising, English, communications or related field.
Related Work Experience:
At least seven (7) years, with most recent work experience in consumer or membership marketing or communications with a pattern of increasing responsibility. Association or marketing agency experience a plus. Healthcare or nursing professional knowledge a plus.
• Demonstrated experience creating and executing successful membership campaign plans and tactics, growing, and retaining membership
• Proficiency in analysis of membership data, including acquisition, retention, and engagement data, to identify and develop plans to exploit growth opportunities
• Exceptional project management and organizational skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
• Association management database experience, preferably Personify
• Ability to write clearly, concisely, and persuasively
• Ability to multi-task without losing critical attention to details
• Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and administrative support
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work collaboratively and in teams in a busy work environment
• Exceptional communication skills, including written, verbal, and listening skills
• Marketing planning and strategy development
• Strong knowledge of all aspects of membership acquisition and retention, including direct mail, email, database management, social media, member engagement, marketing, tradeshows and exhibits, and online/mobile marketing
• Understanding of the principles of direct marketing testing design
• Specialized knowledge of marketing materials production and promotion
• Collegial, positive, innovative work style
• Flexibility and diplomacy in dealing with changing priorities and demanding workload
Preferred Skills & Experience:
Hybrid: Employees are considered Hybrid if they are regularly scheduled to work in at least 20% of their work week or work month in an ANA Enterprise Office.
Hybrid employees are expected to travel to the office when requested and/or when necessary to achieve results or meet business needs.
ANA Enterprise Headquarters: 8515 Georgia Ave., Suite 400, Silver Spring, MD 20910
The ANA Enterprise will hire primarily from the District of Columbia (DC), Maryland (MD), and Virginia (VA).
Candidates may apply from other U.S. states and territories; however, prior to being granted an interview by a HR and/or a hiring official, the ANAE Risk and Compliance office must approve that the U.S. state or territory is registered or able to be registered to conduct business with the ANAE.
The following locations are not approved for remote work:
Learn more about the American Nurses Association Enterprise:
Founded in 1896, The ANA Enterprise is the family of non-profit companies that comprise the American Nurses Association: the American Nurses Association (ANA), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and the American Nurses Foundation. The ANA Enterprise leverages the combined strength of each to drive excellence in practice and ensure nurses’ voices and vision are recognized by policy leaders, industry influencers, and employers.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The ANA is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Why We Are a Great Place to Work
Mission and vision focused
We challenge ourselves to lead, innovate, and advocate for a healthy world through the power of nursing. Our staff nurses and nurse advocates who work on behalf of nurses are passionate about the work we do and the important role we play in nursing and health care.
Professional development and training
We encourage continuous growth, learning, and development of our staff. ANA Enterprise offers internal professional development and training. We also support our staff through tuition assistance for qualified work-related courses.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance and wellness programs, 401(k) plans, paid time off and hybrid work option.
Commitment to DEI
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is at the heart of all we do. It’s what makes our teams strong, our work impactful, and our stories worth telling.
We are always looking to hire talented people to create a stronger, more inclusive organization.