Supports the governance, strategy, planning, integration and execution of assigned NDIA Divisions under the Meetings, Divisions and Partnerships Business Center. Provides assistance to Division staff in facilitating assigned Division activity between the Business Center and the Association’s Divisions, Chapters, Affiliates, Working Groups, Committees, and Client events.
· Provides administrative support for initiatives, programs and meetings, to include coordination of meetings, lists, and communications.
· Facilitates and maintains division lists, rosters, documents and web pages, cross-checking for validity and accuracy. Assists Divisions in coordination with members and Government stakeholders.
· Facilitates and coordinates the development of conference, meeting and event programs and manages speaker invitations, speaker agreement forms, purpose statements and content agendas in consonance with Division, Working Group and Committee leadership.
· Assist with coordinating and facilitating collaborative initiatives and opportunities across the Association’s Divisions, Chapters, Affiliates, Working Groups and Committees as well as external organizations.
· Reviews and performs updates to schedules/timelines, web pages and communities sites, and other documents as directed.
· Working with volunteer leadership, manages assigned division & committee portfolios; including all administrative responsibilities; minutes, leading conference calls, roster maintenance, post event analysis, documentation, etc.
· Supports Division-focused membership and volunteer recruitment activities.
· Work in close coordination with NDIA Meetings in the planning and execution of Division, Working Groups, and Committee meetings and conferences. Contribute to Division and post-event analysis and summary documentation.
· Conduct local and out-of-town travel as required to support Division, Working Group and Committee events.
· Assist membership and Chapters in understanding Division programs and facilitate interaction.
· Draft communications such as for letters and other correspondence in support of Division activities.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILL REQUIRED
· 1-3 years of related experience in administrative and program roles gained in a non-profit, for-profit, foundation or government setting is desired.
· Ability to work with many people at different levels in a collaborative and tactful manner is necessary.
· Personal accountability
· Strong interpersonal and collaborative leadership skills
· MS Office, Online communications platforms, and related or similar expertise
· Personal commitment to NDIA mission and values
Internal Relationships: Maintains close and frequent contact with the Sr. VP, Meetings, Divisions & Partnerships, (Senior) Director, Divisions, Meetings Policy & Strategy, as well as, other NDIA teams.
External Relationships: Has extensive contact with Division leadership, NDIA BOD members, corporate members, military and government.
This position involves moderate travel, locally and outside of the DC area. This is a mainly in the office position and may require some bending and lifting and requires the use of a computer and office machines. Remote working 1-2 days per week may be available.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) is America’s leading Defense Industry association promoting national security. NDIA is proud to provide a legal and ethical forum for the exchange of information between Industry and Government on National Security issues. Our members foster the development of the most innovative and superior equipment, training and support for our warfighters and first responders through our divisions, local chapters, affiliated associations and events.