AAJ offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. AAJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please!
The American Association for Justice (AAJ®) is seeking an Education Program Coordinator for its Education department. AAJ works to preserve the constitutional right to trial by jury and to make sure people have a fair chance to seek justice when they are injured by the negligence or misconduct of others—even when it means taking on the most powerful corporations.
The Education Program Coordinator will support the planning and execution of AAJ Education Colleges, Seminars, and Webinars. including working with faculty and course advisors to develop and plan education programming; organizing attendee and speaker materials; communicating with speakers and support staff in a clear, efficient, and prompt manner; and drafting and editing marketing materials.
Job duties include:
• Support the planning and execution of AAJ Education programming including working with faculty and course advisors to develop and plan education programming; organizing attendee and speaker materials; communicating with speakers and support staff in a clear, efficient, and prompt manner; and drafting and editing marketing materials.
• Provide on-site administration of AAJ Education programs, including working with properties on planning, set-up and break-down, registration, and providing necessary onsite coordination.
• Run and provide administration of virtual AAJ Education programs, including logistical set-up of these programs.
• Conduct post-program follow-up, including preparing attendee and faculty communication and expense reports.
• Draft and review marketing and promotion materials for educational programs.
• Build out programs on AAJ’s On-Demand platform.
• Serve as a resource for other department and administrative tasks as necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS required. A background in associations, professional education, or meeting (events) planning strongly preferred.
• Two to three years of work experience in an office, non-profit, or association setting preferred; experience working in the legal field or with legal professionals a plus.
• Strong organizational skills and proven experience with completing projects on tight deadlines and within budget and handling multiple projects at one time.
• Efficiency and attention to detail absolutely necessary; experience proofreading preferred.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate clearly with colleagues across multiple departments, supervisors, professional members, and support staff, including onsite support staff.
• Ability to work independently and show good judgment.
• Computer literacy, including proficiency using Microsoft Office, Outlook, and database programs (such as Netforum) required; experience keeping web content up to date preferred.
• Travel required, including overnight and occasional weekend commitments (approximately 20%).
*AAJ is currently working a hybrid schedule.
**The American Association for Justice (AAJ) requires all employees to show proof of vaccination, including booster vaccination. AAJ will allow for exceptions to COVID-19 vaccination and booster vaccination based on a medical exemption, disability accommodation, or religious objection; pregnant individuals may also request a deferral if they wish for the duration of the pregnancy.
Unvaccinated staff and staff who have not received the booster shot with approved exemptions or accommodations will be required to comply with weekly testing and to follow CDC guidelines for unvaccinated individuals, which may include wearing a mask at all times.
American Association for Justice (AAJ) delivers Exceptional Education, Unparalleled Advocacy, and a Dedicated Community of Trial Lawyers Fighting for Justice. AAJ promotes justice and fairness for injured persons, safeguards victims' rights—particularly the right to trial by jury—and strengthens the civil justice system through education and disclosure of information critical to public health and safety. With members worldwide, and a network of U.S. and Canadian affiliates involved in diverse areas of trial advocacy, AAJ provides lawyers with the information and professional assistance needed to serve clients successfully and protect the democratic values inherent in the civil justice system.