Associate Director, Career Development Programming
Mortgage Bankers Association
Location: Remote, D.C.
Type: Full Time
Preferred Education: 4 Year Degree
Education and Training
The incumbent is responsible for the management, execution, and delivery of MBA Education’s suite of certification and designation programs, as well as MBA’s Path to Diversity scholarship. MBA Education’s seven certification and designation programs serve over 2,000 individuals in a given year from both MBA’s commercial/multifamily and single-family member companies. Programs consist of elements ranging from self-paced coursework and examinations to highly interactive prep courses and oral examinations. At the pinnacle of MBA Education’s certification and designation programs is the Certified Mortgage Banker (CMB) designation, the flagship designation for MBA and the real estate finance industry. The incumbent will also oversee the success of MBA’s Path to Diversity scholarship, which provides financial aid for recipients enrolling in MBA Education course offerings as well as registering for several MBA conferences. This position includes supervisory responsibilities and will report to the Vice President Education Operations & Programming, and MBA Strategy.
Certification and Designation Programs (estimated 80%)
1. Responsible for the execution and successful management of MBA Education’s seven certification and designation programs. Success measures include meeting or exceeding enrollment targets and student satisfaction scores.
2. Provide exceptional customer service to students, prospective students, and training managers at member companies. Effectively communicate with students who range from new entrants to the mortgage industry to C-Suite level students.
3. Manage the matriculation process for current and prospective candidates which includes responding to candidate questions, and tracking and calculating qualification points as necessary.
4. Monitor student and member company satisfaction scores. Work with internal stakeholders to address any potential content or program deficiencies or weakness.
5. Ensure successful management of designation recertification process including communication of requirements and timing, collection of revenue, and follow up with delinquent or past-due students.
6. Continue the implementation and management of Education’s digital badging program for all certification and designation programs and find ways to grow utilization.
7. Ensure MBA and Education’s technology is properly supporting certification and designation programs, and collaborate with IT stakeholders to improve automation, data management, and student experience.
8. Coordinate and facilitate the online and instructor-led Prep Courses. Responsibilities related to the Prep Course includes, but are not limited to, ensuring eligibility for registration, securing instructors for respective sessions, scheduling guest subject matter experts, and ensuring mechanics of course are working properly. Work with internal MBA Education staff as needed.
9. Plan and manage written and oral exam processes for applicable programs. This includes the management of all logistics, the coordination of panelists and proctors as needed, and ensuring a smooth experience for all stakeholders.
10. Plan and manage in-person or virtual activities related to MBA Education certification and designation programs, traditionally tied to MBA conferences. This includes, but is not limited to, graduation ceremonies at MBA’s Annual Convention, in-person meetings and receptions, committee meetings, and other gatherings as mutually agreed upon.
11. Manage the MBA relationship and governance process with the CMB Society Leadership, including but not limited to executing on key priorities, coordinating CMB Society member communications, and engaging with CMB Society Leadership on a regular basis.
12. Provide input and help review program collateral in all print and electronic communications, and online at MBA.org.
13. Continuously seek creative ways to drive enrollments and convey value proposition to prospective members and students.
Path to Diversity Scholarship (estimated 20%)
1. Responsible for the execution and overall success of MBA’s Path to Diversity Scholarship. Success measures include meeting or exceeding member utilization goals, increased awareness of scholarship availability, and management of scholarship fund.
2. Support Marketing department on the continuous promotion of Path to Diversity program and ensure internal stakeholders have collateral and information to communicate program availability and benefits to members.
3. Assist with applicant inquiries and ensure application and registration process is working properly.
4. Actively participates in MBA’s internal and external initiatives aimed at promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Bachelor’s degree required and/or candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of training and education program management experience. Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills are required. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with MBA staff, students and prospective students of all job classes and functions. Communication skills include presenting to audiences in both virtual and in-person settings. Must be able to manage and deliver programs with minimal supervision and tight deadlines. A foundational understanding of the real estate finance industry is preferred, but not required. Strong computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word are required. Knowledge of technologies including Learning Management Systems (TopClass) and Association Management Systems (Aptify), and virtual delivery (Zoom and Adobe Connect) is preferred. Comfort with technology and ability to find solutions leveraging technology is required. Candidate must be comfortable traveling or being away from the desk roughly 20% of the time, and candidate should expect programs to extend beyond regular business hours on occasion. It is acceptable for candidate to be 100% remote and located outside of the metropolitan Washington, DC area if qualifications are met.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) is the national association representing the real estate finance industry. As an organization, we are committed to providing our members with unmatched value and unparalleled benefits. In doing so, we recognize that our most valuable resource is our employees. We have developed a positive and progressive culture, actively encouraging every MBA staff member to commit to our strategic objectives, to develop their own abilities and to share in our success. Recognition for individual and professional achievement at the Mortgage Bankers Association is a must and reinforced by a competitive benefits program and career growth opportunities.