Senior Director Cancer Care Delivery and Health Policy
Location: Rockville, Maryland
Type: Full Time
Project Management/Program Development
ACCC is a powerful community comprising more than 25,000 multidisciplinary practitioners and 2,100 cancer programs and practices nationwide. The critical vision for this ACCC department is to advocate and innovate in support of a sustainable cancer care ecosystem that delivers care that is high quality and affordable to patients across the country.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Improve cancer care delivery in all settings with emphasis on rural, urban, and under-resourced cancer programs. To this end, the Senior Director will build on existing ACCC provider resources by identifying unmet needs and developing innovative strategies and tools to support membership in an evolving healthcare environment.
· Support the oncology workforce so that all professionals involved in caring for patients with cancer maximize their contribution to care delivery. In collaboration with ACCC's strong provider network, the Department will advocate ensuring an adequate cancer care workforce in all regions of the country, engaging other clinical disciplines and patient stakeholders in this effort.
· Transform reimbursement for cancer care delivery so that the needs of patients and professionals are met. In a transitioning healthcare environment, this will require input on and cultivation of innovative payment models that ensure access to care is preserved, while also working to retain adequate coverage and payment under the current reimbursement system.
· Actively participate in cross-departmental CORE Group—contributing ideas, expertise, and collaborative effort on a wide range of activities.
· Other duties as assigned and directed by the President and CEO.
Master's degree or equivalent experience le
Five to seven years of experience working in a health care delivery system, association, professional society, or related
Knowledge of health insurance and regulatory issue
Knowledge of the cancer care delivery landscape is
Ability to work collaboratively with diverse oncology stakeholders-leaders and volunteers to move transformative programs from concept to implementation.
Excellent presentation, communications (written and verbal), and organizational skills.
Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet required deadlines, produce high-quality materials, and provide excellent customer service.
Must be an articulate public speaker and able to represent ACCC policies and positions accurately and effectively.
Overnight travel is an essential component of this position at approximately 25%.
CMI requires all employees to be COVID-19 vaccinated. Accommodation due to a disability or religious reasons will be evaluated in compliance with the law.