** Foundation Assistant **
Do you care about where you live and want to be a part of a passionate team that does as well? The Michigan Municipal League believes our communities play a critical role in all our lives. We believe in vibrant downtowns, great parks, strong local services, and creating the places we all want to live and work in. We believe that stronger communities provide economic and social opportunities for those who choose to live and work in them. If this sounds like something you believe in too, then our association might be the place for you.
The Michigan Municipal League (the League), through its Foundation, is seeking a Foundation Assistant to join our team. The approximate starting salary range for this position is $40,000 - $45,000 depending on qualifications. The Foundation, in partnership with the League, works to advance community wealth through strategic partnerships and investments in strong, diverse leadership for Michigan communities and place-based initiatives that drive equitable outcomes. The selected candidate will deliver outstanding services and make a difference for our foundation team, our board, and our 520+ member communities every day by providing project/business support, scheduling and coordinating meetings, and participating in other related duties and special projects.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for administrative work, is a self-starter with great initiative and problem-solving skills, can quickly learn new skills and deliver prompt and outstanding work. They thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment, are willing to take on new challenges, and can effectively and accurately juggle multiple tasks within deadlines. There will be a lot of different people, personalities, and priorities working with this position so being able to juggle them all harmoniously is a must.
If you were working for us, here are just some things you would do:
- Organize and maintain documents and files
- Administer donor database and related communications
- Create, revise, and edit written material as needed
- Conduct research on various items using the Internet and other resources
- Manage calendars and schedule and coordinate both onsite and offsite meetings, including travel arrangements and other logistics
- Intake, process and distribute high volume of internal and external correspondence which includes mail, email, and voicemail
- Coordinate logistics and prepare materials for video and in-person meetings and conference calls
- Interact and maintain a positive working relationship among all internal team members, board members, and outside partners
- Provide general administrative and staff support and participate in special projects as needed
- Provide superior customer service to colleagues and members
About You: Our ideal candidate will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Education and or training equivalent to an associate's degree is preferred.
- At least three years of experience in an administrative support position required. Previous experience as an executive assistant is helpful. Previous experience working with non-profits and/or local government is also helpful.
- Intermediate skill working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Superior customer service and interpersonal communication skills, including strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and close attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities with a high sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and efficiently plan, organize, and implement work priorities
- Ability to anticipate and respond to the needs of the team and perform a variety of critical, and sometimes confidential, tasks
- Ability to learn new skillsets and master new technologies
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with different personalities and individuals at all levels, including senior-level decision makers and local elected officials
Beyond these responsibilities and requirements, our ideal candidate also has these attributes:
- Excellent Judgement
- Sense of Humor
- High Energy
- Good Natured
The Michigan Municipal League is a non-profit association and member organization of 500+ cities, villages and urban townships dedicated to making Michigan’s communities better by thoughtfully innovating programs, energetically connecting ideas and people, actively serving members with resources and services, and passionately inspiring positive change for Michigan’s communities.
The Michigan Municipal League Foundation supports innovative work through partnerships, grants and programming that creatively and intentionally bring people together and build community wealth. We also provide fiscal sponsorship and project support in Michigan Municipal League member communities.
To learn more, visit www.mml.org and www.mmlfoundation.org.
Here's What We Have to Offer:
We are looking for people who believe in our mission to help communities around the state. In return, we offer an exciting, energetic, and fun atmosphere.
In addition to being such a cool place to work, the League also offers a competitive benefits package, including a platinum-level health insurance plan, a retirement savings plan with a generous employer match, paid time off, and a variety of other benefit offerings.
Interested in Joining our Team?
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Foundation Assistant” in the subject line. All finalists will be subject to a background examination. Michigan law requires applicants to request confidentiality if desired. The League is an equal opportunity employer.