The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) serves more than 53,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. With more than 175 talented employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, expertise, and knowledge that each one brings to our table.
Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty. Thanks to our positive, supportive work environment, ASA has been named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last four years.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are smart, creative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!
The Financial Analyst supports preparation of the operating budget for ASA, develops reports, and performs analysis that allows leadership and budget owners to make information-based decisions. This position will be responsible for delivering value to the organization through administration, support, and enhancement of all financial systems. This includes the General Ledger (currently Acumatica), Adaptive Insights, Personify and other applications used by finance. Systems work is approximately 40%.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
· Perform monthly analytical reviews of revenue and expense accounts. Includes budget to actual performance and historical to current trend analysis, ensuring that results and trends are logical.
· Assist department Director and Manager with budget preparation, review and analysis. Includes preparing departmental, product, committee, and related organization level reviews and trend analysis.
· Provide support on ongoing financial processes such as annual budgeting, forecasting, monthly closing, and analysis reporting through maintenance of financial systems.
· Perform routine maintenance, data loading and security for financial system applications. Accountable for the accuracy and completeness of financial system data. Works with relevant stakeholders to complete set up of new products.
· Troubleshoot system issues and implement changes requested by functional users. Build and maintain strong relationships with members of ASA’s finance team and the business partners that we support. Identify opportunities for technical process improvement in efficiency and reliability.
· Generate the monthly financial statements for Related Organizations. Assist the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager in drafting monthly Finance reports.
· Assist the team in ensuring that users receive proper systems training and that existing documentation is updated.
· Participate in various projects as assigned to meet departmental goals.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, MIS or a related field.
· Minimum 3 years of experience working with and supporting financial applications and financial system interfaces.
· Not-for-profit/Association experience a plus.
· Computer proficiency in MS Office, particularly MS Excel. Adaptive Insights, Acumatica, and Personify experience a plus.
· Ability to analyze data, communicate with non-financial and non-technical customers and develop recommendations for solving problems while exhibiting realistic understanding of issues.
· Understanding of accounting processes, procedures and internal controls. Basic knowledge of budgeting and forecasting a corporate income statement.
· Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently.
· Excellent organization skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
Telecommuting is allowed.
About American Society of Anesthesiologists
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a medical association that serves more than 53,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. We strive to be the world's premier medical society by offering superior educational opportunities and resources to our members, as well as a positive, empowering environment for our employees.
With more than 175 talented, enthusiastic employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, unique expertise, and vast knowledge that every individual brings to our table. Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to a variety of member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty as a whole.
Each of us is dedicated to our members and we strive to create an outstanding experience that helps them succeed. This commitment to excellence reaches far beyond our daily tasks—we set high expectations for ourselves, exhibit a strong work ethic and take pride in the results we achieve. Collectively, our desire to keep improving allows us to achieve great things as we seek feedback, pursue know...ledge, and strategize to enhance our organization for the future.
One tangible result of living these values is being named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last four years. ASA was also awarded the Health Champion designation for two consecutive years by the American Diabetes Association®.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are competent, innovative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!