The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a medical association which serves a growing membership of more than 53,000 physician anesthesiologists, medical students and care team members. At ASA, we strive to be the best medical society in the world by offering superior educational opportunities and resources. Colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of our members and strive to implement and enhance policies that benefit physician anesthesiologists and the specialty. At ASA we’re collaborative, dedicated to our members, committed to excellence and continuously improving. As a testament to these values we were named one of Chicago’s Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in 2018 and 2017, and a winner of the 2018 and 2017 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation®. To further strengthen the organization, we’re seeking individuals who are talented, knowledgeable, motivated and agile. If these qualities resonate with you, you may be the perfect addition to our growing staff!
The Systems Administrator is responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, problem solving, implementation, design, security, and overall efficient operation of ASA’s corporate LAN/WAN, desktop computing and communications infrastructure. Supports all ASA information systems by maintaining desktop and laptop computers, providing reliable access to all networked computer systems, ensuring data integrity of all information stored. Responsible for configuration and installation of new computers/hardware per hardware rotation plan, including maintaining records for Active Directory hardware accounts and asset tracking. Performs training-related duties as needed. Maintains inventory of hardware and software. Provides Help Desk/Tier 2 desktop support. Provides support and general administration to the ASA communications systems. Works collaboratively with all ASA staff and consultants to support the technology needs of the Schaumburg, IL and Washington, DC offices.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
· Adheres to position and department service level agreements as applicable to position responsibilities.
· Responsible for the MS SCCM environment. Monitors event logs of client desktops to address issues proactively. Maintains current inventory of all related hardware and software.
· Maintenance of desktop computer images, driver libraries, bios updates, and hard drive encryption process and documentation.
· Tests and distributes Microsoft security patches via WSUS software.
· Provides level-two support for desktop, network, and software as needed. This includes, but is not limited to, virus issues, network connectivity problems, Help Desk ticketing systems, email delivery problems, etc.
· Manages Active Directory and all other network services. Responsible for management of user accounts, mailbox creation, group policies, and overall security and reliability of required functionality.
· Server management and maintenance. Perform maintenance tasks and upgrades as needed/required to ensure security, reliability, and to meet continuing needs of the organization. Apply security patches as needed per IT policy.
· Office 365 administration and maintenance. Ensures authentication methods are secure, hybrid environments function optimally, and maintain security and other functionality of SharePoint online environment.
· System documentation. Creates and maintains documentation in a central location for all areas of responsibility. Updates documents as needed based on changing environment.
· Provides consultation and support for Sr. Systems Engineer for backup/disaster recovery solutions. Works with Sr. Systems Engineer to ensure successful data backups occur according to IT policy and works with entire IT staff to ensure disaster recovery systems are in place and reliable.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred, or equivalent experience.
· Minimum 3 years of related experience required, including a minimum 2 years’ experience with Microsoft technologies: Active Directory, SCCM, PowerShell, DNS, DHCP, etc.
· CCNA, MSCE, CCNA Security, CCNP or CCSP a plus.
· Experience with automating and scripting software updates, driver updates, error log alerts, etc. using Microsoft Powershell and other related tools.
· Comprehensive understanding of LANs, software applications, connectivity, and PC/MacOS hardware required.
· Strong working knowledge of network and security technologies.
· Working knowledge and experience with industry standard anti-malware/security software and monitoring tools.
· Ability to provide best-in-class customer service.
· Effective technical documentation skills.
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting ability required.
· Ability to explain policies and procedures and establish effective working relationships required.
· Ability to work with customers to analyze problems and issues and make recommendations for solutions, both short and long-term.
· Understand and appropriately apply existing, new, or emerging technology to business problems and opportunities.
About American Society of Anesthesiologists
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a medical association that serves more than 53,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. We strive to be the world's premier medical society by offering superior educational opportunities and resources to our members, as well as a positive, empowering environment for our employees.
With more than 175 talented, enthusiastic employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, unique expertise and vast knowledge that every individual brings to our table. Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to a variety of member support, education, marketing and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty as a whole.
Each of us is dedicated to our members and we strive to create an outstanding experience that helps them succeed. This commitment to excellence reaches far beyond our daily tasks—we set high expectations for ourselves, exhibit a strong work ethic and take pride in the results we achieve. Collectively, our desire to keep improving allows us to achieve great things as we seek feedback, pursue knowle...dge and strategize to enhance our organization for the future.
One tangible result of living our values is being named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® over the last three years. In 2018 and 2017, ASA was also named one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation®.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are competent, innovative, motivated and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!