The Conference Education Specialist will coordinate all aspects of Connex education offerings including but not limited to: the annual meeting, regional events, Canadian events, senior executive round tables, and webinars. The Conference Education Specialist will work closely with the Senior Manager, Learning Solutions & Initiatives, Director, Education & Resources and the Vice President, Education & Resources.
1. Maintain speaker/education section of event database.
2. Responsible for coordinating all aspects of education and content for all events including the call for presentation process.
3. Carry out in-depth research and analyze findings to validate conference/webinar topics and consult with subject matter experts to develop educational and leadership development content.
4. Work with other business units to plan and manage needs around conference events including managing up to 100 high profile speakers per event, education sessions, partner events and even potential off-site tours.
5. Responsible for acquiring high level speakers with industry specific knowledge or expertise to give presentations at conferences.
6. Responsible for onsite logistical support and supervision as well as post-event communications.
7. Responsible for all phases of speaker coordination for Connex, which includes scheduling conference calls, collecting speaker bios, photos, contract coordination, making hotel accommodations, providing flight assistance, obtaining audio visual requests and sending follow up and reminder letters to presenters with upcoming deadlines.
8. Ensures conference education aligns with all strategic content programs that help meet targets for revenue, product and industry solutions associated with the business unit goals.
9. Responsible for webinar program development and webinar coordination, including registration, sending reminders, training presenters, scheduling and facilitating webinars.
10. Maintain on-line speaker resource center.
11. Responsible for organizing and producing conference education design, signage, printed materials and information to be used on the conference app.
12. Develop industry knowledge to respond to speaker inquiries and professionally represent Connex.
13. Evaluates modes of delivery to ensure training is engaging, practical yet impactful, cost effective and offers ideas on new formats for delivering content at events and online.
14. Other duties as assigned
Associate degree. 1-5 years of experience may be substituted for degree.
Experience in providing support on educational programming development and delivery.
Must be highly organized and able to work on multiple tasks, priorities and time requirements; correspondence forms; competency in communication skills and computer literacy.
Able to take initiative with very little direction, completes work accurately and on time.
Proven communication skills, both oral and written, and excellent organizational abilities desired.
While performing the duties required there will be a requirement to sit, use hands and fingers, handle and feel objects, tools or controls, talk and hear.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Behavior and Attitude:
Maintain a professional, service-oriented attitude with staff, presenters, members, and non members.
Possess excellent telephone etiquette skills.
Respond positively to directions.
Participate as a cooperative team player with the staff, and possesses a team-oriented, collaborative philosophy.
Able to work independently and utilize personal initiative and creativity.
Personal accountability and a passion for exceeding expectations.
An understanding and appreciation for differing cultures and nations.
Respect office policies and procedures.
This individual will be supervised by the Senior Manager, Learning Solutions & Initiatives
Availability Of Qualified Personnel:
Good to Excellent
Connex, the authority on Retail and Multi-site Facilities Management, is the leading membership organization for retail facilities and vendor professionals. Connex empowers the facilities management professionals with best practices, benchmarking, education, discussion forums and trusted partnerships.
Established in 1995, and with approximately 950 member companies, the Connex community values are founded on a spirit of innovation, resourcefulness, the quest for knowledge and ethical business relationships. Members depend upon Connex to help them achieve greater success and a competitive advantage through quality programs and resources.