Under the direct supervision of the director of member engagement, this position carries out duties to support ATSSA’s member recruitment and retention objectives, manages recruitment and retention and member benefit programs and projects, analyzes data and makes recommendations to grow membership and collaborates with department staff on other member engagement initiatives.
• In collaboration with the department director, implements ATSSA’s membership recruitment and retention plan; proactively recruits new members and retains existing members.
• Initiates and implements membership analysis projects including running monthly quality control reports, analyzing data and making recommendations on recruitment and retention activities; uses data to review and provide recommendations for updates to membership categories and dues levels; ensures the quality of the data.
• Collaborates with department director to develop member prospect plan; identifies prospects using approved methods including QPL, SIC coding, social media and connecting with local member liaisons.
• Tracks new members, retention rates and unpaid dues calls; data. Provides information to department director for additional action.
• In conjunction with the department director and marketing staff, produces member prospect materials per the marketing plan.
• Administers member recognition programs and affinity programs in accordance with strategic and operations plans.
• Manages Tuesday Topics program and serves as back-up to ensure execution of program.
• Manages the annual directory project; makes recommendations for changes to delivery based on data analysis.
• Manages the Public Agency Scholarship Program; executes related activities.
• Ensures monthly new member packets are completed.
• Manage a Member Recognition Program and benchmark practices to help determine appropriate actions.
• Serves as primary point of contact and manages Community Pages project (If approved in the 2019 budget.)
• Receives and responds to membership related inquiries; responds to and routes additional ATSSA inquiries as appropriate.
• Serves as back-up to chapter liaisons for meeting coverage as approved.
• Attends ATSSA Annual Convention and Traffic EXPO and Midyear meetings and fills staff roles as needed.
• Assists with committee duties as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience – A bachelor’s degree and five or more years of association membership experience, particularly in developing membership data reports analyzing member data. Substantial relevant experience may be substituted for a degree; member support experience; sales experience, CRM software or relevant database experience.
Skills and Knowledge – Able to work independently and as part of a team; able to adapt to changing priorities under pressure; at ease working in a variety of software programs; proven ability to extract data from database and create reports; proven ability to analyze data and make data-driven recommendations; strong communication, editing, organizational and project management skills; proven ability to develop and deliver effective presentations; at ease networking and maximizing connections to benefit work.
Preferred Skills – Infrastructure safety experience and sales experience are preferred.
Licenses – Valid motor vehicle operator’s license and the willingness/ability to use personal vehicle during employment.
About American Traffic Safety Services Association
The American Traffic Safety Services Association, an international trade association, is located in Fredericksburg, Va. Since 1969, ATSSA has represented companies and individuals in the traffic control and roadway safety industry. Over 1,600 ATSSA members provide the majority of features, services and devices used to make our nation's roadways safer. These include pavement markings, road signs, work zone traffic control devices, guardrail, and other roadside safety features.