Advanced Energy Economy (AEE) is seeking a relationship-building professional to guide and grow our customer engagement program. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is able to think creatively and strategically, and to look for areas of opportunity to continuously improve our customer engagement activities. The role requires an outgoing person who is able to collaborate effectively with a cross-functional team and to build effective long-term customer relationships.
We are an organization that values curiosity, and an innate desire to ask questions and to look for solutions. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
The ideal Customer Engagement Manager will become an expert in the value, benefits, and features of all forms of AEE membership and participation. S/he will manage, coordinate, and expand a robust customer engagement strategy for all member/participant types with enthusiasm and creativity including:
Ongoing outreach and communication to build and maintain member and participant relationships
Event development, planning, and execution, both online and in-person
Onboarding all new members including maintenance and development of membership support materials
Engagement analysis and support throughout the course of the membership year including active tracking of participation
Engagement analysis and support for event participation
Support for existing schedule of standing calls and working groups in coordination with policy team
Responding to and managing inbound member support questions via software ticketing platform
* Five+ years of member-related experience at a non-profit membership association, with a clear understanding of the role of trade/business associations
* Experience coordinating small to mid-scale events both online and in-person in geographically dispersed locations
* Independent and effective time management with excellent organizational skills and ability to meet assigned deadlines
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse and primarily remote team and with other employees to meet shared goals
* Demonstrated ability to write effectively and clearly for various audiences, editing and proofreading skills
* Strong oral communication skills, customer service, and teaming/cooperative skills for continual interaction with staff and contact with members
* Demonstrated skills at juggling competing demands and prioritizing assignments
* Detail oriented
* Knowledge of, or familiarity with, HTML, Salesforce, and Hubspot preferable
* Bachelor’s degree or comparable course of study required
* Basic knowledge of the energy and/or government affairs industry
* Basic awareness of the role of policy in the energy industry
* Passion for AEE’s mission of driving toward a prosperous world based on secure, clean, affordable energy
Telecommuting is allowed.
About Advanced Energy Economy
AEE is an organization of businesses using policy advocacy, analysis, and education to bring about a prosperous economy based on secure, clean, affordable energy. We represent multiple technologies, including energy efficiency, demand response, energy storage, natural gas, electric generation, solar, wind, hydro, nuclear, electric vehicles, biofuels and smart grid. Just as the Internet economy transformed society in unexpected ways, the advanced energy economy has the potential to create dramatic new opportunities for economic growth in the U.S. and around the world. In working to support a better business climate for advanced energy, you will have an unprecedented opportunity to work at the cutting edge of energy policy.