The Meeting Planner, Annual Meeting is primarily responsible for the following components of the annual meeting, including, but not limited to: registration and housing block setup, reporting and onsite management; preconference meeting specifications, food & beverage, audio-visual, signage, and other logistical requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In conjunction with the Director, Annual Meeting:
- Works with the registration/housing vendor to manage pre-event registration and housing set-up to include: testing and launch of site, developing forms, determining registration category codes, establishing housing sub-blocks, and arranging speaker/VIP/staff/vendor reservations, problem solving and correspondence.
- Enforces policies, processes and procedures related to registration waivers, cancellation, and refunds.
- Maintains hotel pickup/history, weekly registration reports and timelines.
- Responsible for arranging individual transportation needs (transfers) for designated staff/VIPs.
- Works with designated staff to determine and execute logistical requirements (a/v needs, room sets, etc.) and signage needs for pre-conference meetings and programs.
- Manages meeting space and coordinates requests from staff, business partners and affiliates at the headquarter hotel and convention center.
- Generates F&B menu selections, manages BEOs and maintains post-event reporting. Updates food and beverage history report(s). Ensures and maintains accurate headcount records for all functions.
- Negotiates pricing and service agreements for annual meeting supplies (i.e., materials, ribbons, badges, shirts).
- Manages the selection, scheduling and oversight of temporary staff (registration, information, and logistics).
- Works with decorator to manage the shipping/receiving of annual meeting materials including inventory and documentation.
- Assists with auxiliary and special events associated with the annual meeting, as assigned (community service, fitness activities, golf outings, tours); including transportation (if required).
- Reviews invoices for processing. Updates annual meeting history.
- Works with web designer on updates to the Annual Meeting website content.
- Administers special project support (contract negotiation, site visit coordination, vendor selection) as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.