The American College of Radiology (ACR) is at the forefront of radiology evolution, representing more than 38,000 diagnostic radiologists, radiation oncologists, interventional radiologists, nuclear medicine physicians and medical physicists. Its core functional areas – advocacy, economics, education, quality and safety, research, and membership value – are improving, promoting, and protecting the practice of radiology.
ACR is seeking a talented, highly organized, detail-oriented, and motivated Program Specialist to join the Membership Services Department located in Reston, VA. Job expectations include the following:
• Direct management of prestigious, high-visibility ACR’s Fellowship program, to include promoting the program to applicants and state chapters, coordinating activities of the Committee on Fellowship Credentials, planning the annual Fellowship Convocation, managing FACR-related pages on the web, and overseeing evaluation of the program to enable metric-driven modifications and/or additions. This position will also be responsible for leading a complete overhaul of the online application in coordination with IT developers. Includes budgetary responsibility.
• Promote and provide ongoing stewardship for the new FACES program, an online program dedicated to highlighting member stories via multi-media applications (video and photos). Oversight for the program will include soliciting stories, validating/editing new entries, troubleshooting (in coordination with the IT and web team) to ensure that the technical aspects of the new program function smoothly, and coordinating with other departments to expand the program to include patient stories. Includes budgetary responsibility.
• Management of materials to promote ACR membership externally, including at conferences and trade shows. The Project Specialist will coordinate efforts with staff across the organization to ensure that as needed, materials and staff are provided for conferences and trade shows in support of the strategic goal to grow ACR membership.
• Management of ACR Affinity Programs (ACR Benefits Plus). This person will closely monitor and measure the success of the ACR affinity programs, act as staff liaison with program representatives, coordinate program promotions to members, research and vet new programs, and manage program web pages. Includes budgetary responsibility.
• Assist in the development of onboarding materials for the Members in Training, new members and member renewals. Duties include working in coordination with the membership marketing manager and the data team to ensure that members receive relevant and practical information to understand their membership and utilize benefits; assisting the membership marketing manager in developing new membership marketing materials related to onboarding, including a timeline, new membership brochure and New Member Hubs on the website; managing the development and timely distribution of member certificates.
• Assist in the enhancement of member communications to support specific recruitment and retention efforts. Duties include working with both the director of membership and the membership marketing manager on membership-related materials designed to help increase the understanding of the value of ACR membership; assisting, as needed, with membership-related materials for the new Ambassador program; writing articles as needed for the ACR Member update, Bulletin Dispatches and Chapter Executive Update.
• Assist with ACR website membership-related activities. Duties include monitoring recurring updates for the ACR web site; reviewing membership web pages on a monthly basis; submitting recommendations for website (membership pages) changes; coordinating follow-up with IT and web team regarding requested change/fixes; assessing ACR website for ways to improve the capture of eligible non-member visitors; regularly reviewing and updating all web content to attract new members to the ACR.
Qualified candidates must have:
-6+ years of experience with project/organizational management in the non-profit sector in communications, marketing and/or membership management and support.
-BA degree preferred.
-Experience managing highly visible programs and events.
-Ability to prioritize workloads.
-Self-motivated and able to work independently.
-A “team player” who is able to work well with all staff and members.
-Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills and attention to detail required.
-Strong written and verbal communication skills.
-Database management experience (in Personify or Abila) a plus.
If you would like to put your experience and creativity to great use in a professional and team-oriented environment, please apply online by clicking on the link below:
ACR offers competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package including a defined contribution pension plan, 403B, paid vacation, paid personal days, paid holidays and sick days, all major insurances – life, health, dental, prescription, AD&D, short and long term disability, long term care insurance, flexible spending, tuition reimbursement, wellness benefit, a business casual/people friendly work environment and more! The American College of Radiology is a government contractor and is committed to the hiring of qualified Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities, women and minorities for all locations including Reston, VA; Washington, D.C.; Silver Spring, MD; and Philadelphia, PA.
The American College of Radiology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veterans, genetic information, and sexual orientation.