| WORKING WITH CLIENT ASSOCIATION: International Society for Quality of Life Research, ISOQOL |
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position works closely with the Executive Director to ensure successful planning for and implementation of the International Society for Quality of Life Research (ISOQOL) Annual Conference and Measuring What Matters Symposium. The position implements all activities and events associated with and/or produced at the conference and other stand-alone meetings.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week):
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Perform site visits and analysis of future ISOQOL annual conference venue locations; including development of comprehensive RFP for venues and contract negotiation;
2. Works with Executive Director to develop and manage Annual Conference budget;
3. Manages selection of all outside vendors associated with the conference including off-site events;
4. Management and development of registration process and logistics for Annual Conference;
5. Assists in the development and analysis of Annual Conference marketing strategy; Oversees creation and lay out of promotional materials including but not limited to marketing, design, and development of annual conference website, preliminary and final programs, etc.
6. Work with Annual Conference Program Chair(s) and Committee on abstract and other session scheduling; assist with development of educational program as necessary;
7. Coordinate and facilitate in-person Planning Meeting with the Program Chair(s);
8. Manage all awards/scholarship programs;
9. Work with the abstract vendor and journal to produce the journal supplement for the conference;
10. Management and oversight of catering (F & B) requirements and AV logistics for all meetings;
11. Manage and communicate with any invited speakers and abstract presenters;
12. Coordinate exhibit application process. Oversee assignment of exhibit spaces, sponsor and exhibitor registration, sponsor promotion and on-site management;
13. Develop and create the Annual Meeting mobile application for on-site use;
14. Oversee all on-site staff and the registration desk, perform daily room checks, be main contact for all on-site personnel;
15. Manage all aspects of the Measuring What Matters Symposium;
16. Recommend operational process improvements to eliminate reoccurring issues or potential new issues;
17. Provide backup for the Executive Director when needed;
18. All other duties as assigned.