The Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) is a private, non-profit organization formed in 1979. We are the leader in developing standards to advance and promote patient safety, quality care, and value for ambulatory health care through peer-based accreditation processes, education, and research. A certificate of accreditation is awarded to organizations that are found to be in compliance with AAAHC Standards.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Vice President of Learning and Development for our Skokie, IL office. This is a new role within AAAHC with responsibility for the Education, Research and Marketing functions. As a member of the executive management team, the Sr. VP is charged with partnering with internal staff and external stakeholders/ committees to formulate the strategy and to drive learning and research direction, goals and policies. This role is a champion for innovative programs which achieve the vision and strategic initiatives of AAAHC. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned executive who has leadership acumen and technical skills to transform the way knowledge is discovered, organized, and applied to AAAHC’s educational needs.
- Responsible for directing the strategy for this new division, including its research, publications, digital content, educational manuals, webinars, online learning, on-site educational meetings and events, and marketing that align with the business goals of the organization.
- Lead a team accountable for overall planning, development, implementation and effectiveness of professional development strategies and initiatives.
- Establish the overall strategy for developing new products and services that positions AAAHC as a leader in accreditation knowledge and education. Oversee the processes that are used to ensure compliance with established standards.
- Continuously improve and evaluate current educational offerings and develop new educational programs to generate revenue. Innovation is key to the success of the AAAHC learning, research programs and is a critical factor in setting AAAHC’s programs apart from the competition.
- Identify intellectual property and turn it into valuable educational material that supports the educational strategy and supports revenue generating goals.
- Ensure that AAAHC’s learning and research offerings emulate best practices in the field; scan the environment to understand current and emerging competitors; scan the educational marketplace to help position AAAHC’s programs and products.
- Ensures collaboration with research staff to integrate results of research findings and program evaluations to enhance learning format and content.
- Oversee the Marketing/Communications function to develop effective marketing plans that promote products, services and events.
- Work with Committees and volunteers to identify and develop programming.
- Collaborate with Information Technology Department to ensure needed technology is in place, or planned. Identify and maintain a Learning Management System that ensures effective learning outcomes.
- Develop, implement and evaluate department budgets.