The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
Summary Description: The Event Planning & Communications Associate supports the planning of AAUW’s national convention and plays a central role in developing communications for both the national convention and the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL).
- Assist in all aspects of planning and running the AAUW Biennial Convention.
- Assist with project management and tracking of convention tasks including but not limited to speaker selection, workshop sourcing, marketing, special events, scripting, etc.
- Coordinate efforts of Biennial Convention’s volunteer planning committee.
- Recruit, train, and manage 50-plus onsite volunteers.
- Provide Administrative support as needed.
- Provide first-line assistance to AAUW members, branches, states, external partners and the general public regarding the Biennial Convention.
- Prepare presentations, reports, and meeting materials.
- Participate on convention and NCCWSL steering committee calls and be a primary staff resource to committees.
- Liaise with key staff across AAUW on logistical and content planning.
- Work as a member of the Member and Campus Leadership teams to achieve the departments’ goals and fulfill the association’s mission.
- Develop, plan, and implement multi-platform marketing and communications strategies for Convention and NCCWSL.
- Design and write all content for conference-related emails, newsletters, websites, and print publications.
- Manage work flow of Convention and NCCWSL content through the editing and approval process.
- Strategize weekly with Vice President of Marketing and Business Development and other relevant A&E, social ,media, and I.T. staff to coordinate conference marketing with other AAUW priorities.
- Collaborates with Social Media Manager to plan and develop content for social media accounts.
- Research and write invitations for plenary speakers.
- Write and edit script and presentation components for Convention and NCCWSL.
- Manage and maintain, and respond to to inquiries in, the Convention inbox.
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of the Educational Events Intern.