NLADA is in search of a Director, Information Technology, who will be responsible for the overall strategic, tactical, and operational management of NLADA’s technology infrastructure and association management system (AMS). The Director will act as the database manager for NLADA’s AMS and will also be responsible for maintaining NLADA’s network and communications technology, and providing user support services.
The Director sets vision and direction to inspire and drive continuous improvement of IT policies, standards and procedures. The Director is expected to demonstrate significant depth and breadth of leadership expertise to establish strategic direction and develop strategic relationships as well as significant expertise in IT Operations management and system operations.
To apply: To apply for this position send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line NLADA Jobs: Director, Information Technology.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage the general functions of NLADA’s Association Management System, including:
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure the database functions meet their programming requirements, including assisting with setup of event registrations, conducting data clean-up, and recommending database solutions and process improvements to meet programming needs.
- Recommend and enact database maintenance best practices, such as data back-up and security.
- Support data requests by providing assistance to staff in using pre-built reports/queries or writing new reports as necessary.
- Ensure the AMS integrates effectively with web CMS, MUA, financial systems, and any SSO applications.
- Act as liaison with the AMS vendor on all technical problems and implementation of new releases/upgrades.
- Maintain user accounts and provide training to staff as needed.
- Deliver strategic planning and analysis.
- Develop and maintain effective best practices, standards and procedures.
- Develop and implement system and/or data improvement initiatives.
- Oversee the maintenance and usability of custom websites, including renewing licenses, updating Script Installs and plugins, and implementing best practices for enhancements and sustainability.
- Collaborate and manage 3rd party service provider relationships.
- Interface with external industry and academic organizations in order to maintain state-of-the-art knowledge in emerging technologies and to enhance the association’s reach and effectiveness.
- Oversee network infrastructure, including servers, switches, routers, cabling, etc.
- Oversee data storage, including SANs, hard drives, backup systems, etc.
- Oversee technical functions of communications networks, including email and voice mail.
- Forecast and manage an annual technology budget to maximize benefits, while containing costs, and provide quarterly reports. This includes preparing RFPs; soliciting and evaluating bids.
- Recommend and conduct training, process improvements, and implement technology solutions to reduce technical support needs and improve operations.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, copiers, printers, software applications, and peripherals.
- Oversee the management of the help desk activities, resolve escalated issues and provide help desk support.
- Foster an environment that embraces change and one that strategically works on identifying and resolving Association issues.
- Benchmark, analyze, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems to improve efficiencies and align with the Association’s strategic direction.
- Provide general technical support to all staff.