The Communications & Outreach Manager supports VPPPA’s efforts to maximize our marketing, periodicals, and strategic communications activities in the most efficient and effective manner possible, including collaboration with association volunteers and staff. A key objective is to manage the development and production of VPPPA’s varied and integrated communications activities and tools including spearheading all events and initiatives, exhibiting opportunities, direct mail, newsletters, association magazine, blog, social media, advertising campaign, annual report and other print publications.
- Develop and/or refresh all relevant communications materials and collateral, including organization brochures, newsletters, conference materials white papers and annual report.
- Provide strategic counsel to Executive Director and Director of Operations, senior staff and leadership on communications issues. Effectively collaborate with executive leadership to define successful communication outcomes and develop organizational strategies.
- Serve as thought-leader, bringing forth new marketing and communication ideas and concepts to support overall strategic priorities. Identify critical communications opportunities, challenges and emerging issues faced by safety and health professionals and the organization, and define and execute strategies to address them, including crisis communication strategies as needed.
- Provide direction and leadership for determining organizational communication priorities, creation of consistent and compelling messaging, development of effective content strategies, and integration across all channels and platforms, including print periodicals and collateral, websites and digital, media relations, social media and marketing.
- Assure consistent message style, brand and visual identity across the organization to support communications with members and other key audiences.
- Provide overall staffing and liaison services to assigned committees and tasks forces
- Direct content and production of promotional, print, and collateral materials.
- Manage production of all marketing and promotional materials.
- Create compelling year-round call to action campaigns that further the organization’s mission.
- Work with graphic design consultants and printers to produce materials.
- Prepare written materials such as talking points; write, edit and proofread speeches; compile other briefing material as needed or requested.
- Build brand awareness, engage target audiences and grow the organization’s reach.
- Manage a small team to accomplish communications and event goals.