The American Pain Society (APS) seeks a manager-level membership professional with a strategic mindset to provide both membership and marketing direction to recruit and retain our diverse, interdisciplinary membership base. The successful candidate should be an energetic and intuitive marketing strategist with exceptional leadership and communication skills and proven ability to identify opportunities and deliver effective strategies to generate results.
This person will also serve as the chief staff liaison for all aspects of marketing, communications, membership, and social media.
As a Membership and Marketing Manager you will:
- Audit and evaluate current membership marketing objectives, and explore new ways to sustain and increase membership metrics.
- Write strategic plans, analyze markets, and determine marketing potential.
- Develop, launch, and measure communications including print, digital, web and social media outreach to support new member recruitment and retention goals.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing and communications plans to successfully promote membership offerings and programs, products, the annual scientific meeting, and other meetings as needed.
- Increase member engagement by providing opportunities for members to network with colleagues, peers, and other APS members
- Manage the membership renewal process including, but not limited to: developing communications, overseeing the process, and assisting with data management.
- Liaise with Association’s special interest groups and regional societies to cultivate an atmosphere of trust and engagement in the member community network.
- Connect directly with members by phone, email, and attending events in order to build and manage relationships.
- Partner with the APS Board and other committees/task forces as needed to further the association’s stated goals and objectives.
- Prepare reports and metrics for the Executive Director, COO, Membership Committee and Board of Directors.
- Manage the Membership, Early Career Advisory and Website Committees using best practices of volunteer management.
- Supervise the membership coordinator and establish short- and long-term strategic goals and initiatives to achieve objectives. Provide appropriate level of guidance while allowing enough independence to promote staff growth and development.
- Collaborate with other departments to promote research offerings, advocacy activities, events, etc. to the general membership and prospective members.
- Develop and monitor departmental budgets. Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives.
- Manage relevant vendors. Be knowledgeable about contract terms, conduct research regarding new vendors, and provide recommendations.
- Communicate member-related special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate APS staff.
- Perform other duties as determined appropriate.