Career Services Advisor Needed!
The Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM®), a trusted source of knowledge, advocacy, and networking for the real estate management community, is seeking a Career Services Advisor to join its team.
In this exciting role, you would help spread the word to students, young professionals, and practitioners that property management is a rewarding career choice that offers ongoing opportunities for personal and financial growth. In fact, a few short years ago property management was named the second happiest career choice in the U.S.
What Would Challenge You Every Day
In this role, you would oversee activities related to college and university outreach efforts, student and academic membership and services, young professional programs, and career development initiatives.
Some specific responsibilities include:
- Recruiting, onboarding and communicating with student and academic members.
- Developing and executing academic agreements, overseeing scholarship programs and competitions, coordinating IREM student club activities, and participating on academic advisory boards.
- Managing the programs and activities related to attracting and engaging both young professionals and practitioners into the real estate management profession.
- Managing the programs and activities related to engaging IREM’s young professional members.
- Overseeing IREM’s job board, maintaining and updating the career section on our website, and creating career development materials.
What We Need From You
We prefer candidates to have at least 5 years of experience in a business environment. Academic or association experience is a definite plus. You will also be representing IREM when interacting with academic administrators, university professors, students, and young professionals so outstanding communication skills are a must!
What You Can Expect From Us
IREM's culture promotes professional growth, career development, and a healthy lifestyle. Last year, we received the WELL Certification by demonstrating our commitment to achieving specific standards related to health and wellness. Our office boasts circadian lighting, standing work stations, ENERGY STAR office equipment and appliances, and staff reimbursement for race and group fitness fees. There is also an on-site, no fee fitness center available to staff.
IREM also offers outstanding benefits and perks that include company paid dental, vision, and access to an Employee Assistance Program, casual dress year-round, flex-time, and the possibility to telecommute at least one day per week.
For immediate consideration, candidates should e-mail their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.