The member services [manager/coordinator] is a [mid-level/entry level] position responsible for a number of member-oriented tasks in a high performance, customer-focused corporate membership association. This position is oftentimes the first person a member, prospect, or customer engages with at the association.? This position requires database management, sales management, customer service skills, in addition to business etiquette.? Attention to detail, flexibility, and the ability to work effectively with a small team are essential.
You will be a teamplayer in the membership recruiting efforts as well as the member renewal process, to include providing information and membership services to the membership and potential members. ?Supports the department and its responsibilities around selling membership benefits, promoting products, and supporting various meetings. Requires you to be a quick learner of the current database called GoMembers, or at least have a steadfast willingness to be frustrated as you learn GoMembers database processes.? If you know GoMembers as a database then you are extraordinary…if not, we may still want to talk with you.
Specific Duties Include:
- Provides support for recruiting new members and responds to member inquiries in a prompt, polite, professional manner
- Processes new applications, event registrations, subscriptions, products and other orders accurately and efficiently
- Pursues collections on past due memberships
- Updates member records on a regular and routine basis
- Remains fully knowledgeable of SIA programs, publications, meetings, and services in order to respond accurately to member inquiries
- Attends various industry events and SIA events as assigned to provide onsite membership services
- Follows up with members, prospects, and customers to ensure satisfaction of membership services, purchased products, and delivered information
- Fulfills orders for membership renewals as well as processes new member plaques and other new member enrollment material
- Implements and incorporates information regarding subscription, order entry, and registration processing
- Initiates ways to improve tasks to provide better customer service
- Follows up with members on all requests in a timely manner
SIA is corporate membership organization with over 700 members consisting of security camera, identity management, and access control equipment manufacturers, distributors, integrators and service providers.