The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) seeks a publishing professional to identify, implement, and manage new and existing platforms and delivery formats for digital publications to enhance the Academy’s publishing line and generate revenue. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Identify and develop proposals for delivering new digital publications and products to complement and supplement existing product lines.
2. Manage the eBook platform and product line, including processing and uploading new titles, identifying and implementing new platform features, resolving technical issues, and coordinating cross-department efforts (i.e., business models, engagement materials, strategic partnerships, formats, sales channels, metadata) to support the growth of eBooks online.
3. Manage AAP mobile app delivery, including working with content teams on creating, enhancing, and maintaining apps, resolving technical issues, and participating in cross-department efforts on the growth of AAP mobile apps product line.
4. Manage the updating, revision, and enhancement of the platforms and delivery formats for other AAP digital products, such as websites, toolkits, videos, and digital components of print/digital products.
5. Serve as lead technical oversight of digital platform vendors, including bug fixes/prioritization, testing, and roadmapping. Periodically audit platforms and market to optimize AAP use of digital platforms.
6. Work with Digital Content Specialist in maintaining digital publication platforms and product delivery formats, as well as content conversions and uploads.
7. Consult with appropriate AAP staff on issues relating to digital product licensing for institutional access, creating solutions for electronic health record integrations, and supporting multiple uses/bulk sales of digital products and content, including developing solutions for custom delivery formats for individual clients or client types/vertical markets.
The AAP offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. As a reaffirmation to our employee-focused culture, since 2005 the AAP has been named one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Chicagoland area. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans that values the strength diversity brings to our workplace.
To apply for this position and learn more about the AAP, please visit: