| Manager, Dental Education and Licensure|
The American Dental Association is dedicated to promoting the public's health through its initiatives in research, education, advocacy, public awareness and the development of standards. We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Dental Education and Licensure.
As a manager of the CDEL, this individual is responsible for managing selected activities of the Council, including preparing agenda books and minutes, writing reports, providing primary staff support to the Council's subcommittees and Council, managing meetings and responding to requests from the membership, constituent and component societies, the dental education, dental specialty, and examining communities, public and other ADA staff relating to Council activities. Other responsibilities include research, analysis, and development/revision of Association policies under the purview of the Council, strategic and operational planning, as well as other special projects as assigned by the Director or Senior Vice President. Minimal travel is required, representing CDEL and the ADA at 2-3 national dental meetings annually. Requirements: This position has the following minimum requirements:
- Education: BS/BA
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in education, Association management, health care field/organization or related area.
- Experience working with volunteers and tracking details; communicating with and management of volunteers, groups, committees; and report writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others, able to take responsibility for carrying through projects from start to finish, high personal standards of performance and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team; prioritize workload, and demonstrate initiative and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to identify issues and concerns, analyze causes and effects and synthesize related information in order to formulate creative strategies for resolving the matter.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (WORD, EXCEL & PowerPoint) and Aptify.
- Must be available for occasional evening work or weekend meetings and less than 10% travel.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
Highly desirable skills include:
Knowledge of dentistry, dental licensure and dental education. Five years of experience in a health care organization or educational institution that includes experience in report writing/editing; experience working with a large number of volunteers, familiarity with meeting planning.
Equal Employment Opportunity
EOE of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities