We are looking for a co-worker who enjoys helping people and serving those that take care of our water in Georgia. GAWP has an opening for a part-time administrative position, working with our staff of 7 talented individuals. We need 24-30 hours per week, with some flexibility of work days and hours. The ideal candidate will have a mix of office skills, people skills, a pleasant and cooperative demeanor, and an interest in protecting Georgia’s drinking water, streams, lakes, and rivers. Take a look at what we do with the water professionals in Georgia (www.gawp.org) and review the position description below. If you think you might fit this role, please apply.
The Georgia Association of Water Professionals is a not-for-profit association whose chief purpose is to educate and assist those who have an interest in the proper management and protection of Georgia’s water resources. GAWP provides thought leadership and professional development, training, and networking opportunities to its members, as well as promotes sound public policy in the water resources and related environmental fields.
GAWP’s membership is comprised of water, wastewater, and stormwater professionals, including managers, municipal and industrial officials, environmental managers, civil contractors, elected officials, and others concerned with Georgia’s water resources. GAWP’s membership also consists of the professionals who implement state and federal water supply, water protection, and water resource laws and regulations, and is a reliable source for information for the media and public.
This position is responsible for front office reception and administration duties. The individual performs general clerical/administrative duties in addition to answering the telephone and directing visitors. They are expected to provide a high level of customer service to members and the general public in a friendly, personable, and professional manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers the telephone and provides information, responds to inquiries, resolves issues, and directs calls
- Greets visitors and directs them to the appropriate location
- Uses membership management software to process member registrations and payments for dues, conferences, workshops, and classes
- Provides a high level of customer service to members and the public, either in person, on the telephone, or in writing
- Assists in coordinating meetings and catering
- Prepares correspondence and documents
- Runs company errands and picks up lunch for meetings
- Generates, reconciles and maintains various reports
- Performs general clerical duties, such as copying, filing, sorting and distributing mail and deliveries, and preparing courier packages
- Provides onsite staff support at GAWP conferences and workshops
- Coordinates exhibitor registration at conferences
- Assists in administering backflow certification program
- Invoices for events and membership dues