The California Association of Community Managers (CACM) has an immediate opening for a Director of Education and Credentialing, a senior level position with our association. The Director is responsible for the performance and advancement of the Department of Education and Credentialing. The position is full-time, permanent and includes an excellent and competitive benefits package.
This is an exciting time to be part of our team! CACM is experiencing rapid membership growth and renewed opportunities in the world of education and training. We are pivoting from traditional classroom education to new systems of delivery and rapid adult education processes.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
The Director of Education and Credentialing (Director) will report directly to the President & CEO, and be a member of the senior management team. The Director will bring strong management systems skills and an exemplary education, training and/or course development background. As a leader in the organization, the Director will have an outstanding education and credentialing background with a good understanding of adult educational programs and courses, testing, work flow and efficiency. The Director will have valuable experience in communicating and training peers and staff on educational and certification programs policies and procedures. The Director must be willing and able to roll up their sleeves to do the day-to-day work while simultaneously looking at the big picture and designing efficiencies for the organization and educational events. The Director must have a vision for their department and be willing and able to share that vision internally and externally.
The Director of Education and Credentialing will have three direct reports: eLearning Manager, Credentialing Administrator, and Instruction Administrator.
Essential Job Duties:
- Create and lead a programmatic approach to improve the professional advancement within the industry.
- Act as chief visionary for the development of our education and credentialing systems and programs.
- Develop and manage department budget, including new product and services, and the establishment of prices and demand estimation.
- Responsible to oversee and manage backend efficiencies of the credentialing and accreditation processes; course offerings and instructor pool management.
- Remain current on adult education and credentialing technology and techniques.
- Generate programs and services to enrich the learning experience of our membership.
- Improve speed of delivery and quality of new courses and knowledge content for member learning.
- Work collegially within the organization and as a member of the senior management team.
- Manage the technology adoption and advancement of the department.
- Act as Faculty Advisor including recruiting, training and monitoring instructors.
- Coordinate annual review of course materials for accuracy and relevance.
- Create annual schedule of courses and develop event programming.
- Identify and coordinate volunteer authors to develop new courses and revise existing courses, as needed.
- Develop new course material internally or by leveraging contractors, subject matter experts, and/or outside consultants.
- Create and launch new courses and educational programs in coordination with the President & CEO, operations and marketing.
- Manage all educational programs and courses including the schedule of place and instructors.
- Manage and develop processes for administering education programs as necessary e.g., Continuing Education Provider Program, Specialty Certificates Program, Scholarship Program, MCAM certification, Request a Course, Private Offerings, etc.
- Locate and secure course host facilities, manage logistics (i.e. banquet event orders), arrange and manage instructors and content.
- Responsible for directing private offerings of courses and request-a-course offerings.
- Develop and manage online education, i.e. webinars, on-demand courses, law seminar tests, etc.
- Prepare course schedule, and develop collateral materials on website, database and other outward facing promotional channels.
- Produce educational events: Identify, obtain and direct speakers and use of technology for educational events.
- Format and finalize all educational event handout material and power point presentations.
- Manages program committees, educational review committees, Board of Certification, Legal Advisory Steering Committee (LASC) and Professional Standards Committee (PSC).
- Manage content development through education groups including the LASC. Manage activities of the LASC in creating the law seminars and law journals.
- Research, identify and prepare RFP’s for site selection, as needed, including finalization of hotel arrangements.
- Review and approves applications for the CCAM, CAFM, MCAM, CAMEx and ACMB programs as well as re-certification activities.
- Develop certificate programs and collaborations with other education providers.
- Responsible for on-going policies and standards for continuing education activities.
- Interfaces with all CACM staff members in communicating education and certification activities. Define and establish policies for the expansion of educational opportunities for CACM members.