Working with the Vice President of Professional Development and Compliance with Central Virginia Regional Multiple Listing System (MLS) maintain, develop and enforce MLS rules and policy. This position is responsible for the daily oversight of CVR MLS operations and serves as lead for external and internal inquiries on MLS policy/compliance issues and as a technical resource for Matrix and other MLS related services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Acquire and maintain a strong working knowledge of the CVR MLS rules and regulations, polices, enforcement procedures and VA real estate law as it relates to real estate transactions.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the MLS compliance program (LDC) and all related activities including, but not limited to, vendor relationship, customer service, violation and fines record keeping and reporting, research and planning.
- Supervise MLS Specialist and MLS Technical Administrator
- Respond to electronic and telephone inquiries from MLS users and assist MLS customer service staff with policy and rules issues.
- Participate in development and/or amendment of MLS rules and policies.
- Develop compliance related training and instructional materials.
- Prepare compliance related instructional articles, tips and posts for for MLS communications.
- Serve as the liaison for the MLS Committee and other related groups.
- Serve as the compliance liaison for the MLS Coop.
- Other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities require the following: Physical/Mental/Sensory Abilities:
Operate computer, telephones and other office equipment; Must maintain a consistently high volume of production under sometimes tight deadlines; Observe and identify surroundings. Judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see and the ability to distinguish colors; Distinguish sounds. Comprehend and exchange detailed information, including conveying it to others accurately and/or quickly. Concentrate, recognize, remember, reason, analyze and make decisions.
Excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills; Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking capabilities; Expected to work independently and with a team; Expected to exercise good judgment. The ability to read and interpret policies and procedures and regulatory information; Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, in particular, Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of MLS compliance experience or an equivalent combination of education and relevant MLS experience with a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience. A valid driver’s license. Familiarity with Matrix MLS and Corelogic Data Checker a plus. Individual must possess the ability to read and comprehend legal and regulatory documents, draft correspondence and to make oral presentations in both an individual or classroom environment.
Primary contacts are with management, co-workers, clients and outside vendors; Work primarily in well-lighted, well ventilated building with moderate levels of noise; Subject to frequent interruptions and, on occasion, hostile or emotionally upset individuals; Expected to report to work on time and work the full established schedule. May work, when necessary, beyond normal working hours, on weekends, and in other positions; Drive locally on company business (including use of personal vehicle); Some travel may be expected in order to stay abreast of industry updates; Generally involves minimal risk to physical and/or mental health safety.