AABB is an international, not-for-profit association representing individuals and institutions involved in the fields of transfusion medicine and cellular therapies. The association is committed to improving health through the development and delivery of standards, accreditation and educational programs that focus on optimizing patient and donor care and safety. AABB membership includes physicians, nurses, scientists, researchers, administrators, medical technologists and other health care providers. AABB members are located in more than 80 countries and AABB accredits institutions in over 50 countries.
AABB is seeking a Member Services Specialist to provide member and customer support, product fulfillment, membership operations and communications. The Member Services Specialist is responsible for answering and directing incoming association inquiries, increasing member recruitment, engagement and retention, database project management, processing cash receipts for products and services through the association management system, selling and promoting AABB products and services and assisting the department with daily activities.
- Work with staff and vendors, provide timely fulfillment information for association journal and newsletter.
- Assist with business intelligence reporting used with strategic measures.
- Provide inventory management for publications.
- Assist Manager with maintaining vendor relationships and contracts.
- Manage customer inquiries for the association through the customer service phone lines, fax and email accounts in a timely manner.
- Develop ideas for generating social media strategies for AABB products and services.
- Assist in generating and processing sales of the association products that contribute to association revenue.
- Sell, cross-sell and promote all products and services of the AABB.
- Recruit new members through daily interactions with customers and through marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of association activities and technology platforms in order to answer member and non-member inquiries.
- Assist association with training and testing database and website functionality. Provide feedback with user acceptance training as it relates to Personify.
- Responsible for providing database reports in the areas of fulfillment, trending and financial areas.
- Manage the processing of membership, foundation, and sales accounting batches.
- Research membership and sales payments and customer orders. Work closely with the accounting department to resolve accounting matters.
- Responsible for the management of customer database information. Maintain an understanding of all features and functionality of Personify. Control and monitor overall accuracy of records in customer database.
- Assist customers using AABB and other AABB related (Wiley) websites. Troubleshoot login problems and provide Web navigation assistance to customers. Work with the Web Services department to identify and resolve site performance issues.
- Manage trial membership program. Work with marketing manager on developing campaigns.
- Assist with onboarding process for new and existing members through developed tactics and strategies.
- Assist Manager, Member Services in maintaining and developing departmental procedures.
- Assist in the management of bookstore and/or membership area at AABB off site meetings, as required.
- Research and process customer payments, returns and refunds. Maintain filing system for customer financial information based on AABB’s document retention policy.
- Identify and analyze customer needs to ensure high customer satisfaction, growth and retention of business.
- Cross train with Manager, Member Services in most functions to serve as a backup.