Title: Member Services Specialist
Summary: The primary objective of this full-time, entry-level position is to coordinate functions within the Member Services Department of an Association Management Company (AMC), encompassing member recruitment, retention and engagement efforts. This role has significant interaction with members, prospects, volunteers and staff. Management of the following projects includes: Serve as Member Services lead on at least three clients, handle publication inventory and sales for all clients, answer phones, coordinate client event registrations, and other various responsibilities that support the goals and objectives of this department.
- Serves as first point of contact for members, prospects and staff.
- Answers phones in a timely manner.
- Responds to member inquiries in a timely manner.
- Properly enters data to ensure the integrity of the database and member information.
- Uses databases to develop prospect lists and information for recruitment activities.
- Coordinates annual dues process, including emailing and mailing dues, reconciling payments with accounting, sending receipts, etc.
- Ensures timeliness and accuracy of membership information online.
- Responds to staff requests for membership information and prepares reports from the database.
- Informs staff of membership activities.
- Sends membership kits and information, as appropriate.
- Manages publications inventory and fulfills publications sales for client associations.
- Stays apprised of association activities, policies, and services.
- Assists in providing administrative support for Boards and committees.
- Understands and operates within client budgets and scopes of work.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of letterhead and supplies and orders, as necessary.
- Coordinates event registration process, including developing and testing online registration forms, entering registrations into database, sending registration confirmations, printing badges and assisting with developing the event shipment.
- Handles onsite registration at client meetings.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.