- Proficiency with social media platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, and Twitter
- Experience with setting up and maintaining social media accounts/profiles
- Experience with writing, editing, reporting, and blogging
- Proficiency with InDesign, digital cameras, digital photo editing, and image organization
- Knowledge of online video publishing
- Familiarity with legal profession a plus
- Detail oriented
- A strong work ethic
- A high level of initiative
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and analytical skills
Candidates must have a bachelor’s or higher degree in journalism, communications, or a related field and five years’ successful experience as a journalist, writer, editor, and/or social media specialist.
While largely office-based, this position requires the ability to travel on occasion. It also requires the ability to stand, bend, climb and lift arms while holding a camera that may weigh several pounds when photographing Association events.
The Illinois State Bar Association offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive package of employee benefits including employer paid health, life and disability insurances and a staff profit sharing plan and 401(k). EOE.
Interested qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary history directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not apply through this posting. Application materials submitted as attachments should be MS Word or PDF format only and must be received by January 30, 2017 in order to be considered.