Senior Manager, Business Development & Event Logistics
Original Equipment Suppliers Association Southfield, MI
– A division of Motors & Equipment Manufacturers Association
The Original Equipment Suppliers Associations (OESA) is seeking an experienced, high-potential Senior Manager, Business Development & Events Logistics who is knowledgeable in the business development (heavy emphasis) and event logistics
Key Responsibilities and Summary of Job Duties
- Business Development:
- Lead advertising and partnership/sponsorship sales for association events and publications
- Work with senior management to develop advertising and partnership/sponsorship opportunities
- Meet one on one with prospective partners/sponsors to establish mutually beneficial agreements
- Establish relationships with member company marketing team contacts
- Follow-up as needed to secure timely completion of advertising and partnership/sponsorship sales agreements and invoices
- Achieve budgeted goals for association advertising and partnership/sponsorship sales
- Event Logistics:
- Negotiate and manage offsite contracts and event details (menu/AV requirements, etc.)
- Ensure details of event are appropriately communicated to location
- Facilitate and act as OESA’s primary interface with off-site event facilities
- Assist in budgeting for event expenses and revenue
- Achieve budgeted goals for event expenses
- Implement Salesforce setup of OESA events and assigned council meetings
- Act as Floor Captain for assigned OESA events, arriving early and ensuring facility is prepared appropriately
- Prepare for offsite events and meetings as assigned
- Backup online event and meeting registration process
- Ensure all member requests from events (and elsewhere) are acted upon in a timely manner
- Plan manage and execute all aspects of assigned councils
- Assist in recruiting and engaging new and existing members, as needed
- Five years of professional work experience. Experience in advertising, partnership, & or sponsorship sales experience would be a plus.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to work as a team member
- Able to forge effective working relationships with various parties and encourage them to work together toward common goals
- Strong background in interacting and communicating with all levels of employees, management and outside personnel.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent time management abilities. Able to lead multiple, concurrent projects independently
- Provide outstanding customer service and organize events that meet quality expectations
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems
- Comfortable and confident negotiator
- Ethical - Possesses honesty, integrity, and the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Collaborative - Demonstrates a willingness and ability to work as a team member. Proven ability to build and lead teams and coalitions.
- Preferred experience working at or with a no-profit or trade association (or equivalent)
Since 1904, MEMA has exclusively represented more than 1,000 companies that manufacture motor vehicle components and systems for the original equipment and aftermarket segments of the light vehicle and heavy-duty industries. In 2014, MEMA celebrated its 110 year by "honoring 110 years of history--driving the future."
MEMA advocates on behalf of suppliers on issues of legislative and regulatory interest to the industry. Motor vehicle parts manufacturers are the backbone of the vehicle manufacturing industry and the nation’s largest manufacturing sector, directly employing over 734,000 U.S. workers.
The MEMA network comprises four divisions – AASA, HDMA, MERA, and OESA. The Original Equipment Suppliers Association serves over 450 member companies comprised of automotive original equipment (OE) suppliers and affiliated support companies.
Automotive original equipment suppliers design, engineer and manufacture a wide variety of sub-systems and components used in the manufacture of passenger cars and light trucks. OE suppliers provide approximately 60 percent of the vehicle value. For more information, please visit our website, Original Equipment Suppliers Association (OESA).
If you are interested in working for a dynamic company and a fast paced business environment and have the required background, knowledge, and accountabilities then we want to hear from you! Please send your resume, including salary requirements to: email@example.com
MEMA offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees. Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled