COME JOIN A GREAT TEAM!
The American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) in Arlington, VA, a professional scientific society, seeks a Meetings Manager. The Meetings Manager is responsible for planning, designing, executing and directing all aspects of assigned workshops and short courses. Responsibilities include committee management, program development, speaker management, comprehensive meeting logistics, and possible hotel selection.
AAPS manages 18-25 separate events annually. Event attendance ranges from 20 attendees for one-day course to 250 attendees at multiple day workshops. The Meeting Manager’s role in executing successful meetings is crucial to AAPS membership engagement, recruitment, and retention. The Meeting Manager creates and monitors meeting budgets with the goal of maintaining maximum profitability for AAPS while ensuring high quality services.
The Meeting Manager must be able to make quick decisions and remain calm in stressful situations, especially onsite at meetings.
- Plan, design and coordinate all pre-meeting logistics including some hotel selection, rate negotiations, contracts, services, equipment needs, for assigned meetings.
- Coordinate all speaker functions for assigned meetings.
- Provide on-site management of meetings to include room requirements, meeting room set-ups, select menus, determines, select and arrange for audio visual equipment; arrange for all display signage, etc.
- Disseminate information to members relevant to the meetings including meeting content, registration, housing information and general information as required.
- Coordinate the logistical details with the meeting location to ensure events run smoothly, including obtaining adequate meeting and sleeping rooms, requesting audio-visual needs, selecting menus, assigning room set-ups, obtaining proper signage and coordination of all other details relevant to operating a meeting.
- Assist the Annual Meeting manager in some pre-planning and with on-site logistics.
- Interact with staff in preparing and executing tasks associated with meetings, i.e., production schedules, proofing of materials, program information, etc.
- Work closely with non-members who are meeting attendees with the ultimate goal of recruiting them as an AAPS member.
- Collect session titles, speaker names, affiliations, degrees, contact information. Manage all speaker coordination for assigned meetings including gathering all contact information for speakers, sending invitation letters and speaker kits, gathering all biographies, abstracts and speaker handouts from speakers and providing this information to the Marketing Department for publication in the final program. Confirm all reimbursement information.