REPORTS TO: Trade Show and Operations Director
Position Summary: Responsible for renewal and retention of exhibitors, sponsors and advertisers as well as provide support for other trade show activities. Serves as primary resource for association exhibitors, sponsors and advertisers to ensure satisfaction and retention.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in short- and long-range goal and objective planning for the annual trade show and quarterly magazine.
- Manage day-to-day communications with 300 exhibitors for annual trade show of 60,000 net square feet.
- Maintain a comprehensive prospect system for exhibitors, sponsors and advertisers.
- Modify and generate standard data queries for mailings and email blasts.
- Generate phone calls to exhibitor, sponsor and advertiser
- Enter exhibit, sponsorship and ad sales into database to generate invoices and based on exhibitor input, assign booth space.
- Build relationships to help understand and manage exhibitor, sponsor and advertiser expectations.
- Produce weekly sales reports.
- Responsible for the new product contest, technical sessions and other trade show programs.
- Formulate new opportunities for partnerships, advertising and financial support.
- Recommend policy and procedures concerning meetings and trade shows.
- Assist with the development of requests for proposals for meeting vendors.
- Provide general customer service by participating in the association’s phone pool.
- Assist in other special projects as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: At least three years of exhibit, sales and operations experience. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and databases. Strong attention to detail.
Preferred Qualifications: Four-year degree in business or liberal arts. Experience with iMIS, a2z, and email marketing software. Short- and long-term project management skills. Ability to think strategically and perform tactically.
Other: Some travel required to industry events. Travel to the Irrigation Show (one week per year, November or December)
Type: Full time. 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Salary and benefits: Starting salary $50,000 - $55,000, commensurate with experience. Excellent health and dental programs. Flexible spending account and 401(k) plan after one year of service. Convenient location, shuttle to and from the Dunn Loring metro stop, free parking, small, casual office atmosphere.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Foundation and Administration Director
No phone calls please.
8280 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive #400
Fairfax, VA 22031