| The Massachusetts Staffing Association (MSA) is a non-profit trade association representing the staffing industry in Massachusetts. MSA is an affiliated chapter of the American Staffing Association (ASA) which is the national trade association representing the staffing industry. MSA’s mission is to promote and protect the interests of the Massachusetts’ staffing industry, its clients and its workers, across all sectors, through the promotion of high standards of legal, ethical and professional practices; education; and legislative advocacy. |
MSA is seeking a full-time Associate Director to be based in Andover, Massachusetts. The Associate Director must develop a firm understanding of MSA, it’s mission and strategic directives as well as a general understanding of the staffing industry and the business climate in Massachusetts.
MSA is seeking a high energy, self-motivated individual that can work independently with minimal supervision. The Associate Director must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be highly organized, able to multi-task and attentive to detail.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Administration of the association management software • Administration of the cloud documentation storage • Process incoming and outgoing mail • Manage logistics for Board meetings: schedule, RSVPs, location, agenda, deliverables • Support Board Committees • Manage Director commitments • Gatekeeper for By-Laws • Maintain Association records • Answer to email and telephone inquiries and respond or forward for response • ASA Chapter liaison
Membership Support and Development:
• Support the execution of membership strategy • Build and maintain contact list in association management software • Onboard new members • Answer inquiries and respond or forward for response
• Coordinate with and support outsourced resources in maintaining website and social media properties, marketing, newsletter preparation and distribution, marketing collateral • Actively engage on social media (Linkedin Group, Linkedin Company Page, Facebook, Twitter) • Edit/proof external communications prior to distribution
• Support Operations Specialist in event planning, marketing and promotion, and execution of educational programs and events
• Support bookkeeper in processing transactions, reconciling accounts, closing books, and reporting to Board • Process revenue transactions in association management software • Assist in the prepare budget and forecasts
• Liaison with community partners
• Assist in the creation of an Ambassador Program • Organize meet and greets throughout Massachusetts • Solicit attendance and donation to fundraisers • Coordinate OSHA initiatives
Compensation is commensurate with experience.