The Special Assistant provides leverage and support to the Executive Vice President with the goal of making the Executive Vice President (EVP) better, faster, stronger and a more effective leader by creating capacity to focus on the organization’s highest priorities. The Special Assistant will report to the Executive Vice President, but will support and take on projects assigned by other department heads when necessary.
The Special Assistant will take on and be exposed to a wide range of responsibilities and will work closely with the executive team pursuing an aggressive agenda. For the right individual, this unique role will be an unparalleled opportunity to learn firsthand what it takes to lead and manage a high-performing organization.
The Special Assistant’s responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Board meeting planning and organizational support, including preparation of meeting agendas, compilation and distribution of meeting materials and post-meeting follow-up.
- Research and information gathering in support of a wide range of initiatives and activities, which may include qualitative and/or quantitative information gathering, analysis, manipulation and presentation.
- Preparation of presentations, talking points and speeches for the Executive Team.
- Evaluation, development, leadership and/or project management of special projects.
- Assistance with the preparation of spreadsheets, budgets, projections and other quantitative analyses.
- Drafting of correspondence, announcements, articles and other documents, as needed.
- Managing workflow and priorities by proactive planning and anticipating steps ahead.
- Providing leverage in moving projects forward by assisting with information gathering, communicating with internal and external parties, developing and monitoring plans, keeping track of responsibilities.
- Proactively identifying ways to improve the efficiency, efficacy and impact of the executive team.
- Other tasks and measures to ensure that EVP are relentlessly responsive and proactive, maximizing their ability to have impact and follow through on commitments.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent academic credentials, including a bachelor’s degree.
- At least 3-5 years’ of highly successful professional experience in association management or a related field.
- High level of professionalism, drive and commitment to the mission.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and project management skills.
- Excellent judgment and written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues proactively.
- Ability to exercise discretion and handle confidential information.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple responsibilities with resilience, discretion and diplomacy.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications