Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, this position will oversee primarily the National Walk for Epilepsy and digital fundraising programs and various Do It Yourself (DIY) events. In addition to possessing an entrepreneurial spirit, the candidate must have experience in special events fundraising, event logistics, volunteer leadership, and budgeting. Must be detail oriented and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
- Lead, motivate and direct at least one supporting staff person,
- Develop and create fundraising plans for the Special events programs, including National Walk for Epilepsy, Digital Events (Lemonade for Livy), and DIY events to meet financial goals,
- Recruit, manage and train volunteers,
- Work with Development and other Foundation staff, when appropriate, to develop key communications components such as website, social media and collateral materials for all events,
- Work with Corporate Partnership to create and execute sponsor-able opportunities in Special Events
- Coordinate the day of event activities for Walk,
- Develop vendor requests for proposals when needed,
- Direct vendor relationships,
- Secure the necessary permits for Walk event,
- Develop and monitor the Walk and DIY operational plans and budgets,
- Develop and coordinate promotional activities,
- Effectively strategize and implement tactics designed to drive increased participation, fundraising and retention, and
- When requested, provide consulting on special events to the field organization.
- Oversee and maintain Peer-to-peer data base
- Lead special events based committees