The Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA) is seeking an articulate, personable, and results-oriented Research Assistant to join the staff of a dynamic and growing non-profit national organization located in Washington, D.C. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
General responsibilities will include:
- Provide administrative and logistical support (e.g., take meeting minutes, arrange logistics for meetings)
- Load and/or revise surveys on Qualtrics
- Administer surveys, follow up with non-respondents, track responses
- Perform descriptive data analysis
- Prepare datasets from multiple surveys
- Assist with the maintenance of Association databases
- Communicate with and assist Association members to complete surveys, field questions and requests
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree and experience in social sciences
- Administrative experience with strong organizational skills
- Education and/or experience with survey research, including survey administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience using Qualtrics or similar web-based survey platform
- Experience/expertise in SPSS, SAS, or other statistical analysis programs not required but a plus
- Must have exceptional proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to think, speak, and write clearly and effectively
- Ability to prioritize and handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Detail-oriented and able to work well in a team environment and demonstrate initiative
PAEA is the only national organization representing physician assistant educational programs in the United States. PAEA provides services for faculty at its member programs, as well as to applicants, students, and other stakeholders.
The Association was founded in 1972 as the Association of Physician Assistant Programs. Member programs voted to adopt the current name in 2005. The Association currently employs approximately 30 full-time staff members.
Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. To apply, please send your cover letter, including relevant experience and motivation for application, resume, salary requirement, and three references with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please put "PAEA Research Assistant" in the subject line of your email.