This individual will be responsible for providing administrative support for the Chief Executive Officer and other general society/office administration. This individual will report directly to the CEO and Chief Membership Officer.
Other duties that the CEO may assign during the duration of the employment will include working on projects with other members of staff, including other Directors and the CEO.
- Provide executive level administrative support to the CEO including scheduling appointments, provide maintenance of calendar, travel arrangements, etc.
- Support communications with the SGO Board of Directors, including meeting preparation, documentation of official actions, and required follow up;
- Address and redirect, as appropriate, questions and needs from key members and volunteers for the CEO;
- Coordinate and document internal staff meetings and occasional external vendor/partner/volunteer meetings;
- Work with appropriate staff to maintain internal and external online survey needs;
- Process all routine correspondence related to the society;
- Provide primary coverage for SGO and FWC phones and serve as phone system administrator by working with outside vendors, etc.;
- Maintain and monitor SGO and FWC email accounts;
- Provide member service through customer assistance and order fulfillment, processes product orders, updates database, and coordinates shipments when necessary;
- Provides administrative support for office administration, including filing, invoice processing, keeping administrative documents; example include, staff contact lists, staff directory, email accounts up to date;
- Liaison for all property management and building operations;
- Maintain the SGO and FWC procedures and employee resources folders;
- Maintain inventory of office supplies (branded letterhead, stationary, etc.) and place orders as requested for supplies and other materials;
- Develop a working knowledge of all IT systems – member database; sgo.org; phone system, etc., in order to assist staff and those calling in with questions/concerns;
- Maintain society correspondence and other files and records; and
- Perform other work as assigned related to the management of the society.
- Minimum of 3-5 years administrative experience
- Ability to adhere to deadlines, communicate effectively across the society, take initiative to successfully complete projects with limited guidance
- Ability to understand and maintain confidentiality when necessary
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment with key attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills and project management skills
- Successful candidate should have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, association management databases, as well as excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are required
- Bachelor’s degree
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. Requires ability to communicate verbally and in writing in an exchange of information; collect, compile and prepare work documents; set-up and maintain work files. Occasional day and overnight travel by air and/or automobile may be required.
Majority of work is performed in a general office environment.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time position (37.5 hours/week) located at SGO’s headquarters in Chicago, IL. Salary is commensurate with experience. SGO offers a comprehensive and generous benefits package including PTO, health insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan to its full-time employees.
SGO is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.