The Application Support Manager is responsible for maintaining the integrity and integration of the database system, working to make staff users more efficient in their use of the system, and is responsible for providing product expertise to assist in the support and growth of software application. The Application Support Manager will report to the Director of IT and will work closely with other members of the IT department to support all end users (staff, members, and instructors).
Essential Job Functions
The essential job functions listed below represent the primary duties and responsibilities of this job and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Other duties and responsibilities within the scope of this job may be assigned to the employee. Employees will be required to follow all instructions and to perform all duties requested by their supervisor; subject to reasonable accommodations and within the scope of the position.
- Manage, maintain, and support the Personify system and relevant databases.
- Work with users to formulate creative and effective solutions to meet business needs.
- Provide specifications and recommendations for process workarounds or Personify system modifications.
- Modify and design tables, tabs, screens, and create SQL functions.
- Document issue resolution using internal ticketing system.
- Update and maintain Personify system code, tables, and queries.
- Work with all partners to ensure timely product delivery and quality of service.
- Work with the IT staff developing web interfaces to Personify data to ensure reliable, secure, and efficient use of the database.
- Create and modify user and group security privileges for Personify application.
- Create reports that interface with Personify.
- Act as liaison with Personify staff and other partners to ensure product growth, development, and stability
- Design, test, and analyze Crystal reports for end users.
- Document all procedures, standards, best practices, and policies as applicable
- Provide semi-regular training to end users.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner using industry best practices and procedures.
- Uncanny attention to detail and ability to show initiative.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work load without supervision and perform under pressure to meet SLA’s.
- Ability to display excellent customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills.
- 3+ years setup, configuration, or troubleshooting of Personify or other AMS.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Associations or Association Management Software strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL and SQL query as well as relational databases.
- Knowledge of Crystal/Cognos Reports
- Some knowledge of Windows 10/8/7 and Office 365 Preferred
- Must maintain the highest standards of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality.
- Some travel and weekend/overtime may be required.