American Academy of Implant Dentistry
The American Academy of Implant Dentistry, representing dental health care professionals, seeks a new Executive Director. The Academy is a world-wide professional association based in Chicago and during its 66 year history is recognized as the premier organization for dental implant professionals, has benefited from exceptional financial stewardship and has influenced the dental health care marketplace.
The Executive Director reports to the President and the Board of Trustees and has the overall responsibility for the administration and management of the 6,000 member professional organization. The Executive Director supervises a staff of 10 and manages an annual budget of $3.8M.
Candidates should have a proven record of leadership in the membership association community or related field and have knowledge of all aspects of organizational management. The next Executive Director will possess a strong business and financial acumen; have an enlightened outlook on membership recruitment, experience in developing collaborative relationships and an entrepreneurial focus on expanding dental health care marketing. A Bachelor’s degree is required and a relevant Master’s degree is preferred. Recognized credentials in the association management field desired.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience with and be able to demonstrate her/his ability in the following areas:
- Authenticity - realistic, genuine and reliable virtues that earn respect.
- Conviction – believes in working on and for the Academy’s mission.
- Leadership – strong work ethic, able to make decisive choices and support recommendations/positions with logic and facts; leads the Board with exceptional background information and guidance.
- Loyalty - understands and can express directions to support or alter plans to accomplish goals.
- Communicator – strong writer and public speaker as well as a good listener.
- Ambassador – energetically represents the Academy and enjoys serving as the face of the Academy.
Duties and Responsibilities
Overall management of the Headquarters Office.
- Oversees the annual budget, financial records and the expenditure of funds.
- Directs the strategies for addressing the Academy’s mission and oversees the planning, implementation and evaluation of programs, activities and services.
- Explores and examines changing philosophies in the dental profession.
- Represents the Academy with other organizations.
- Recruits, hires, mentors and evaluates executive staff.
- Oversees membership recruitment, membership services and recommends changes or adaptions.
- Administers the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of all publications, marketing and public relations activities.
- Plans and coordinates the annual educational meeting.
- Assists in the administration of the continuing education courses and the Academy’s credentialing/testing programs.
- Stimulates effective and functional communications with AAID leaders.
Supplemental Information and Application Process
The Academy offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. To warrant consideration, please electronically submit a cover letter with salary requirements and résumé to: AAID Search Committee, c/o email@example.com.