A trade organization that has been around for over 125 year is looking for top talent to fill a critical position. The American Seed Trade Association, located in Old Town, Alexandria is search for a high performer to assist our senior management and our Board of Directors.
This person will be performing organizational and administrative duties for internal and external executive management team. This position is a key member of a team that is extremely active and is often in different parts of the country and the world. Organizational, communications and decision making skills are imperative, as well as the capacity for teamwork, punctuality, critical thinking, social savvy, creativity and adaptability.
Responsibilities include managing the relationship with the Association’s board of directors, executive committee and officers; ensuring coordination of projects within the office; scheduling and planning executives meetings and travel; training and providing leadership to other support staff, and member relations. Position requires strong computer and internet research skills. Also calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal and communications skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Executive Assistant to the President/CEO and Board Relations is responsible for and has commensurate authority to accomplish the following duties:
- Support the activities of the Association’s Board of Directors, Executive Committee and association officers.
- Act as Secretary to the Board of Directors and Executive Committee – recording and maintaining minutes and coordinating agendas and presentations.
- Provide assistance to the Regional Vice Presidents with their membership responsibilities.
- Maintain executive correspondence – print and electronic – of the President/CEO and key senior executive staff.
- Review and address mail, e-mail and phone calls for the President/CEO.
- Coordinate and maintain airline travel, hotel/meeting reservations and trip folders for the President/CEO.
- When appropriate, assist other members of the executive team with projects or activities.
- Maintain meeting schedule of association/state seed trade conventions/conferences and inform Executive Committee of this schedule. Forward meeting updates for posting on ASTA website to appropriate team member.
- Organize and maintain files, records and correspondence.
- Provide backup to the office manager in assisting with incoming calls, greeting guests, database maintenance and managing the outside IT vendor when necessary.
- Perform such other jobs/projects determined and assigned by the President/CEO relative to the Association.