| This is a new position based on company growth. |
The new position will work at least half time on one new client, the National Extension Association of Family & Consumer Services on execution of a 600 person annual conference. The other portion of major duties will be serving n a program management role with at least one other existing Partner's client association.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Locates and contracts with suitable hotel conference sites at least 1 year in advance of applicable meetings.
• Assists Chief Staff Executive in drafting a meeting budget. Executes the meeting according to the budget and reports any potential negative deviances to the Chief Staff Executive as soon as they are known.
• Develops exhibitor prospectus and distributes to industry vendors at least 9 months prior to the event. Works with the hotel to lay out the exhibit floor. Assigns booths, selects trade show decorator and assists exhibitors in attending the trade show.
• Develops the sponsorship prospectus and provides marketing support to meet or exceed the sponsorship budget for each meeting.
• Develops marketing materials and provides distribution of marketing materials to prospective visitors and attendees. The full conference registration brochure must be produced at least four months prior to each event and notice of the event must be received by all members no less than 12 months, 9 months and six months prior to the event.
• Updates meeting pages on the client web sites as soon as they are available in print.
• Works with the hotel to select food and beverage, room set-up and event coordination that is in the tradition of the association and within the budget.
• Solicits bids for audiovisual for the meeting and balances the AV needs of the speakers with the budget.
• Works with the Chief Staff Executive to select food and beverage items within the budget.
• Works with the Chief Staff Executive to make travel arrangements for staff and board of director members. Confirms speaker and other VIP travel arrangements.
• Works with the Members Services Department and Chief Staff Executive to input registrants, send confirmations, maintain meeting statistics and recognize and report anomalies in registration patterns that may affect budget or meeting logistics (i.e. more than expected, less than expected, not coming in quickly.)
• Produces and coordinates on-site materials, registrations, name badges, signage and awards. Orders meeting supplies.
• Provides Chief Staff Executive with at least monthly updates on the meeting progress during the first 8 months before the event date. Provides at least bi-weekly updates during months 1-4 and weekly updates the month before the meeting.
• Attends meeting and takes charge of all aspects of hotel relationship. Makes decisions about food and beverage, room temperature, set-up and other on-site requirements. Takes responsibility for all meeting activities unless they are agreed to be handled by the Chief Staff Executive (i.e. Board of Directors meeting, awards program).
• Reviews the hotel bill with the Chief Staff Executive and submits the bill for payment; records notes for future year improvements; maintains the permanent record of the meeting to include hotel contract, BEOs, marketing pieces, registration numbers and financial statement.
• Sends speaker, sponsor and hotel staff thank you's, prints and mails attendance certificates for CEUs, tabulates speaker surveys and performs post meeting surveying when necessary.
• Performs other duties not listed that are appropriate to the production of a professional association meeting.