| Lansing-based non-profit association seeks self-starter to oversee digital communication efforts, including creating social media campaigns and serving as web master, along with member and public outreach and education using current and new technologies, and identifying opportunities to expand utilization of information technology. Position requires bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public affairs or journalism; minimum of three years’ progressive experience in social media, preferably in an association/non-profit environment; and proven ability to select the most appropriate web, social media and mobile communication channels and technologies based on the needs of the target audience and organizational requirements; and website development and management. Some travel required. Starting salary is $54k plus benefits. Send cover letter and resume by January 23 to: email@example.com. |
1. Serves as association web master; monitors website design and performance to improve visitor functionality, identifies and implements new content and removes obsolete content, working in conjunction with other departments. Requires staying current with emerging and available technology and effective electronic media messaging practices.
2. Identifies opportunities and creates strategy for association to expand utilization of information technology and social media campaigns to enhance the member experience, improve operational efficiencies and achieve association Ends as defined by the board of directors.
3. May be assigned leadership roles to coordinate and complete information technology projects. Evaluates emerging technologies including hardware, software and other resources, and makes recommendations to management regarding procurement, implementation and utilization.
4. Develops multi-media campaigns via website, social media and other technology platforms to promote member and public support and engagement for association’s legislative advocacy efforts. Writes social media content or collaborates with other staff writers as directed by immediate supervisor.
5. Assists the Education Department in developing and updating webinars and other online core competency content.
6. Manages association’s online member social networking site, including trouble-shooting user problems, promotes usage, and monitors trending issues that need association action.
7. Prepares analytic reports for association website and social media platforms.
8. Assists association’s outside IT consultants in the set-up, management and maintenance of communications software and databases, ensuring proper integration among platforms.
9. Creates and maintains online photo, video and publication libraries.
10. Teaches member workshops on effective social media usage.
11. Travels to association events, as assigned. Creates and executes web and social media coverage for these events.
12. Other duties as assigned.