We are the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, an innovative professional medical association located in Darien, IL, a southwest suburb of Chicago. We're looking for a membership pro with a strategic mindset to develop and execute plans to recruit and retain our membership base, which consists of physicians, researchers and allied health professionals in sleep medicine field. You will lead a team of two coordinators.
You already have at least three years of membership or marketing experience, including one year as a manager. Creative by nature, you are someone who understands the big picture, writes well and thrives off collaboration with your peers. Fit the bill so far? Then this may be the job for you!
What You’ll Do
- Audit current membership marketing objectives, re-evaluate them as needed and explore new ways to sustain and increase membership goals.
- Work directly with members either by phone, email, periodic visits or attending events in order to build and retain relationships.
- Develop, launch, and measure communications including print, digital, web and social media outreach to support new member recruitment and retention goals.
- Write strategic plans, analyze markets and determine marketing potential.
- Manage the membership renewal process including, but not limited to, developing renewal communications, overseeing the process, and assisting with data management.
- Increase member engagement by providing opportunities for members to network with colleagues, peers, and other AASM members as well as provide a platform for them to interact and contribute through online medium.
- Responsible for monitoring departmental budgets. Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives; make revisions as necessary.
- Supervise the membership department and establish short and long-term strategic goals and initiatives to achieve objectives. Provide appropriate level of guidance while allowing enough independence to promote staff growth and development.
- Communicate member-related special developments, information or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate AASM staff.
- Collaborate with other departments to promote research offerings, advocacy activities, events, etc. to the general membership and prospective members.
- Contribute to the development of our new Association Management Software platform and public facing website
- Some travel is required with this position, which may include weekends.