PMMI connects the makers of goods with the packaging and processing suppliers they rely on. Together we help provide people around the world with innovative, safe, convenient and cost-effective products that touch lives every day. We advance the industry through our world-class PACK EXPO portfolio of trade shows, PMMI Media Group and a wide range of Business Drivers to empower our members and strengthen the industry.
What makes PMMI effective are the people that work here. The collective PMMI team drives our success and, in turn, enables us to help the industry prosper. We hire top talent and value each and every person that works here. Each individual plays a unique and critical role in what PMMI is able to accomplish.
The job consists of:
• Manage the composition, availability and consistency of core PMMI infrastructure and systems
• Ensure IT assets are properly managed and maintained for an appropriate lifespan across the organization
• Manage and periodically re-evaluate relationships and services provided by IT vendors (outsourced desktop support) and partners in Reston and Chicago (including telephony)
• Select SaaS vendors for internal business systems, gathering business requirements, writing technical requirements, and overseeing migrations and implementations.
• Engage line-of-business leadership to understand and define operational needs and lead/support the solution development and delivery
• Actively manage IT spend and budget across the organization, optimizing investments while keeping expenditures in line with industry averages
• Ensure all systems and operations conform to IT security best practices
• Periodically audit our internal controls and governance mechanisms around IT to mitigate risk to the organization
• Remediate the lack of internal documentation around IT practices and systems
• Endeavor to simplify technology for users at all levels, balancing ease-of-use with security and risk, with the goal of alleviating IT operational and administrative burdens on users
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Proven experience in IT (8-10+ years)
• BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field required; MS or MBA in related field is preferred, but not required
• Demonstrated knowledge in Enterprise / Solution Architecture, Networking technology, Project Management, IT Security, Vendor Management, or IT Operations
• Success as an IT director or similar role in a 100 + employee organization
• Experience managing and delivering services in a Windows and Mac environment and working with major cloud service providers
• Experience with IT change management
• Experience with SalesForce or other CRM migrations
• Experience managing custom application development (processes, methodologies and frameworks) a plus
• Demonstrated organizational, communication, and leadership skills
• Industry certifications (such as ITIL or COBIT) are preferred One thing that's really important is strong written and oral communication skills: including the ability to listen to line-of-business leaders, translate those needs into IT requirements, and succinctly communicate IT strategy to a non-technical executive audience
Additional Salary Information: PMMI leadership strives to provide our team with a worthwhile place to work, where everyone feels valued, and encouraged and enabled to do their best work. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Competitive salaries, generous savings programs, first-rate health insurance, flexible work schedules and ample annual personal time-off.
PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, represents more than 800 North American manufacturers and suppliers of equipment, components and materials as well as providers of related equipment and services to the packaging and processing industry. We work to advance a variety of industries by connecting consumer goods companies with manufacturing solutions through the world-class PACK EXPO portfolio of trade shows, leading trade media and a wide range of resources to empower our members. The PACK EXPO trade shows unite the world of packaging and processing to advance the industries they serve: PACK EXPO International, PACK EXPO Las Vegas, Healthcare Packaging EXPO, PACK EXPO East, EXPO PACK México, EXPO PACK Guadalajara and ProFood Tech. PMMI Media Group connects manufacturers to the latest solutions, trends and innovations in packaging and processing year-round through brands including Packaging World, Automation World, Healthcare Packaging, Contract Packaging, ProFood World and Packaging + Processing OEM. PMMI Business Drivers assist members in pursuing operational excellence through workforce development initiatives, deliver actionable business intelligence ...on economic, market and industry trends to support members' growth strategies, and actively connect the supply chain throughout the year.
Learn more at PMMI.org and Packexpo.com and PMMIMediaGroup.com.