The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME), based in Ann Arbor Michigan, is a nonprofit membership organization serving Chief Information Officers and senior healthcare information management executives.
We are currently seeking an Education Manager to join our dynamic team. This position reports directly to the Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer. The Education Manager will participate in the planning, support and administration of education programming activities including e-learning initiatives, in-person conferences, facilitator-led courses, and regional workshops. The successful candidate will use his or her experience to assist in the development, planning and support processes to deliver innovative programs and services, including annual planning, program development, meeting planning, speaker preparation, contracting and reimbursement activities for CHIME faculty and speakers and on-site support activities for education events and forums.
The Education Manager will engage with the Director and VP of Education to collaborate with association staff, members, volunteers, allied organizations, and key industry stakeholders to plan and support high-quality in-person and virtual education programs and expand the reach of the association’s education and professional development platforms through individual, team-based, and committee efforts. This position will specifically be responsible for collaborating with CHIME leaders and members to develop robust e-learning resources, including webinars and enhancing and maintaining CHIME’s online repository of archived content. The Education Manager will also work with other CHIME team members to select and implement new platforms and tools for on-line education.
The Education Manager is also responsible for helping the association engage effectively with our members as speakers and faculty for CHIME events, for implementing new on-line and regional education offerings and for preparing evaluation summaries and reports for a number of different programs. A key role will be speaker support which includes email correspondence, scheduling speaker calls, preparing moderator scripts, reviewing slides and completing speaker and program evaluations. This includes post program work to ensure speaker expenses and honoraria are processed appropriately and summary reports are completed.
He/she will be involved in operational activities supporting the execution of quality conferences, seminars, webinars, and special events, to serve the professional development needs of CIOs and senior healthcare IT executives. Occasional travel, including some weekends, will be required to provide on-site support for some of these programs.
The successful candidate must demonstrate proven effectiveness participating in group and team efforts, solid project management competencies, and the ability to respond to requests to effectively complete work activities, in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. The successful candidate should be highly adaptable to frequent change and creatively solve problems with limited direction.
The ideal candidate will have association experience with in-depth knowledge of the professional education landscape and be a very-well organized individual with strong communication, planning, writing, administrative and teamwork skills. The Education Manager will have the opportunity to partner in leading some of CHIME’s established programs and webinars and including working with the Director, Education in planning, running and completing all aspects of delivering these programs.
· Ensures that support activities associated with speakers and delivery of programs are planned, documented and delivered with high quality and according to program schedules
· Participates in program development and planning activities to understand the goals of each program, contributes ideas to improve the programs themselves and effectively manages the associated activities including: materials, slides, handouts, logistics, agendas and other program needs
· Communicates with individuals and committees to help coordinate their work and to obtain materials including speaker contracts, slides, scheduling speaker preparation calls, creating and distributing attendee certificates and other post-program follow-up
· Manages the online education calendar; coordinates session content and speakers, facilitates webinars and ensures proper follow-up and documentation of data
· Maintains CHIME’s online repository of educational materials including slides, case studies and white papers; responds to inquiries for new content postings
· Works directly with marketing and communications staff to effectively promote CHIME’s education programs, including assisting to develop selected messaging and reviewing web, electronic and printed promotions for accuracy
· Coordinates directly with the Director to support the on-site event management function for assigned CHIME activities
· Supports the VP and Director in maintaining history of assignments (topics and dates) and evaluations of faculty
· Supports the VP and Director in reviewing new education program contracts and agreements to set up appropriate administrative actions and reports to comply with contract commitments; assists in setting up and completing post program reviews and report production
· Collects and catalogues speaker and faculty slides in a shared electronic environment for access by other faculty and students of the programs
· In collaboration with the VP and Director, helps to create a yearly calendar of events and high-level timelines to obtain and confirm speakers and faculty for these events
· Helps to develop checklists and surveys for the Education team to document repeatable processes for program development and delivery; participates in debrief sessions and suggests process improvement strategies after each event to assist in improving delivery and support for CHIME programs
· Participates in brainstorming and planning sessions to help develop ideas for new programs
· Participates in committees which represent and/or participate in supporting education programs and services
The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) is an Illinois-based non-profit membership organization serving Chief Information Officers and Senior Healthcare Executives. Their headquarters office is based in Ann Arbor, Michigan.